ABC - The Lexicon Of Love (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos remixes coming in August 2023; SDE Blu-Ray #12)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never heard of this band, but upon listening to the lead single, it reminded me of Fine Young Cannibals in a really good way, with its blue-eyed soul mixed with new wave/pop rock elements. I'm excited to hear it in surround sound and the rest of the album, as it seems to have had some pretty great reviews!

I didnt like the first yt sample song but the second Poison Arrow is familiar to me and kind of an annoying earworm. But I'm not a big 80s fan especially with for me the bad videos.
This would be a stretch for me. Although I like the hurting and enjoy TFF work.

Steven just posted the following on Facebook:

My remix of ABCā€™s classic 1982 album The Lexicon of Love is being released on 4th August (somewhat belatedly) for its 40th anniversary. The band's timeless debut delivered three UK top 10 hit singles: 'Poison Arrow', 'The Look of Love" and 'All of My Heartā€™, and enjoyed US success as well, with 'Poison Arrow' and 'The Look of Loveā€™ reaching 18 and 25 respectively on the Billboard Hot 100. The Lexicon of Love was an early production by a producer that in many ways would go on to define the sound the eighties, Trevor Horn. Sonically it sounds impeccable, and in spatial audio I think it's a treat!

My stereo, instrumental, 5.1 and Atmos remixes can be found on a blu-ray included as part of a 4LP vinyl set released by Universal, who are also issuing a half-speed vinyl of the original mix. But if vinyl doesnā€™t interest you the good news is that there is also a standalone blu-ray edition exclusively available from Super Deluxe Edition. It will be No. 12 in their ongoing Blu-Ray Pure Audio series, following on from their releases of my remixes of Tears For Fears ā€œThe Hurtingā€ (No.9) and Suedeā€™s debut album (No.11). The SDE blu-ray additionally features the original 1982 mix of The Lexicon of Love in hi-res 96/24 stereo, whereas the blu ray in the vinyl box features video material instead, so each edition is unique. The contents of the SDE blu ray are as follows:

The Lexicon of Love ā€“ Steven Wilson Dolby Atmos Mix
The Lexicon of Love - Steven Wilson DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 mix (96/24)
The Lexicon of Love - Steven Wilson Stereo Mix in hi-res stereo (96/24)
The Lexicon of Love - Steven Wilson Stereo Instrumental mix in hi-res stereo (96/24)
The Lexicon of Love - Original stereo mix in 96/24

There is no pre-order window for the SDE-exclusive Blu-ray Audio of The Lexicon of Love this time, but it is strictly limited to 5,000 units worldwide, available on a first come first served basis.
It just doesnā€™t get any better than this. It is EXACTLY what I wanted with this title.

I never heard of this band, but upon listening to the lead single, it reminded me of Fine Young Cannibals in a really good way, with its blue-eyed soul mixed with new wave/pop rock elements. I'm excited to hear it in surround sound and the rest of the album, as it seems to have had some pretty great reviews!
Why is it when everyone talks about this album as being new wave/pop rock they always leave out the third element....dance/disco?? Listen to the beat (BPM), pure disco. It was played in all the clubs/discos of the time and issued on several 12" remixes! Actually, the rock part probably should be left out of the elemental classification.

Why is it when everyone talks about this album as being new wave/pop rock they always leave out the third element....dance/disco?? Listen to the beat (BPM), pure disco. It was played in all the clubs/discos of the time and issued on several 12" remixes! Actually, the rock part probably should be left out of the elemental classification.
Steven Wilson's mixes are SO good. I only know Poison Arrow, and that was certainly not my cup of tea at the time. But I am all in on this. Wilson could mix the sounds of a port a potty and I would likely take the plunge on that too. I look forward to checking out an album I clearly passed on at the time. I find my musical tolerances much higher these days and try to find what is cool. What is the Wright album like.

I didnt like the first yt sample song but the second Poison Arrow is familiar to me and kind of an annoying earworm.
Ha! I like the song a lot and own the extended mix version from back in the day BUT I heard it a month ago and couldn't get the darn thing out of my head for over a week!

Should Have a hype sticker on it with Booneys Seal of Approval :LB
1688242546885.png

Back