ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
double take - saw the pic and thought it was John Denver
In a way, Trey Anastasio and John Denver do share some similarities but are quite different.

Both have criminal records for DUI and possession, but Denver was a pilot who flew frequently and Anastasio couldn't fly a tractor if he tried. Denver also hosted The Grammy Awards, while Anastasio has not.

Ultimately, Anastasio looks more at ease in a hoodie than Denver ever did and will probably be best remembered for this.

Last edited:
Before Lawrence Gowan replaced Dennis DeYoung in Styx, he had a solid solo career going in Canada and always surrounded himself with top shelf musicians.

His fourth album Lost Brotherhood featured a stellar cast of players. I recommend you give it a try.

Lawrence Gowan: vocals, piano, keyboards
Alex Lifeson: guitar
Ken Greer: guitar, pedal steel
Tony Levin: bass, stick
Jerry Marotta: drums, percussion

AC/DC's put out a lot of hits, but "Thunderstruck" is now officially their biggest (in the US, anyway). The 1990 single was just certified Diamond by the RIAA (which means it's sold the equivalent of at least 10 million copies, with streams factored in), marking the rock veterans' first single to achieve the impressive feat.

Mixed that album!!
Wow! I had no idea. It may sound naive but I had assumed that you worked exclusively on Rupert Hine produced projects.

It must be a completely different mixing experience when you haven't engineered the recording sessions.

It still sounds great to my ears. :)

Wow! I had no idea. It may sound naive but I had assumed that you worked exclusively on Rupert Hine produced projects.

It must be a completely different mixing experience when you haven't engineered the recording sessions.

It still sounds great to my ears. :)
Yes I mixed two of their albums, and several more by Canadian bands at Farmyard Studios, UK as well as all my projects with Rupert. It is always interesting to come in fresh to mix an album, yes different from when I did the recordings as well.

Back