Anthony Phillips "The Geese and the Ghost" in 5.1 :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could not figure out how to edit a post so I just replied to my original one.

The message (for those who cant read Ant's "artistic" hand writing) reads "Geese be with you! Ant P."

Is that what it says...

I was wondering about that... :eek:

Ahem....

Up until Saturday, my pre-order on Amazon said released March 17th. Historically that means I receive in on March 17th (as an example).

today, I check and it now says CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE!!! Eh.......does that mean that "my copy" that should have arrived tomorrow will not arrive? Anyone else have similar happenings with any other purchases on Amazon to be able to comment??

Ahem....

Up until Saturday, my pre-order on Amazon said released March 17th. Historically that means I receive in on March 17th (as an example).

today, I check and it now says CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE!!! Eh.......does that mean that "my copy" that should have arrived tomorrow will not arrive? Anyone else have similar happenings with any other purchases on Amazon to be able to comment??

Amazon.de changed the release date to the 20th.
So I think more is on the way. :)

Ahem....

The way to check is go into your account and check on your "orders" and see if it's there....

The way to check is go into your account and check on your "orders" and see if it's there....

That's what I did....yeah, it's still there...only when I pull it up....it says what I said in my post....currently unavailable.

OK, not exactly correct. When I pull up my order...it just says "I'll be notified when it ships" Currently Unavailable is shown in the product itself...

That's what I did....yeah, it's still there...only when I pull it up....it says what I said in my post....currently unavailable.

OK, not exactly correct. When I pull up my order...it just says "I'll be notified when it ships" Currently Unavailable is shown in the product itself...

I was a little suspicious when I first saw that release date from amazon US...I checked my usual US sources and none of them had a release date that early...don't be surprised if it's March 31 or even April before they have it in stock...the UK sources have it now...that's why I ordered from Burning Shed...Bullmoose has the release date of April 7th..acoustic sounds doesn't even have a date yet..importcds has April 7th HERE

I like it.....I like it!!!!!

Been listening to it...for free on.....

YouPayAbsolutelyNothingForTheseSongsWhileWeRipOffTheArtistYouTube!!!

Unfortunately, I'm broke until the end of the month but I did place the title on my Wish List over on Amazon since I cannot order it anyway. :)

btw, where do you purchase to get the signed postcard?

My copy of Geese has shipped today from Burning Shed and I am going to guess that I receive this on March 31st...probably about the same time as other US distributors release it...

I'm on my second listen and could not be happier with the sound or the mix. Beautifully done. I discovered this album in the mid 80's and it quickly became one of my favorite Genesis-related releases. This little box set comes as a delightful surprise. If only the Genesis 76-82 set sounded this good...

My copy arrived today from Burning Shed, and I'm confident that this is without a doubt the second best surround album released so far this year! ("Hand. Cannot. Erase." is #1 IMO)

For starters, the packaging is absolutely beautiful, a perfect complement to the beautiful music and surround mix contained within!

It's a similar open box design to the 2013 reissue of "Warrior on the Edge of Time", and besides the three discs, you get a nice poster and a fantastic 24 page booklet.

It's sets like this one that put subpar releases to shame!

I have a lot more thoughts on the surround mix itself that I'm saving once the poll thread goes up, but for now, just get this disc and be happy that such a quality product is now available for all of us to enjoy! :) :banana:

Yeah - Its the best Genesis album that isn't a Genesis album by a member of Genesis who was there from the genesis of the band... :D

Back