HiRez Poll Bowie, David - THE RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS [Blu-ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of David Bowie - THE RISE AND FALL OF ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Mine just arrived! I have to say this may be the best Atmos mix I have experienced! Crisp, clear and very immersive! Hearing things I have never heard even on the 5.1 SACD. Keep up the great work Ken Scott! Only disappointment, the fold out cheap cardboard sleeve, otherwise awesome!!!
Haven't tried the Atmos mix but the stereo is much, much better than the SACD.

Sounding really great Ken. The vocals do indeed sound amazing. Also, the acoustic guitars are awesome on every track. I know we are on THIS album but, I HAVE to ask, what are the chances of a BLACKSTAR surround and atmos mix. It was talked about and then never happened. That album would be insane in multi. Thanks again Ken for being in here. Please do not let the negative opinions that may be broadcasted among the positive get to you. Ken Scott IN THE HOUSE!

Sounding really great Ken. The vocals do indeed sound amazing. Also, the acoustic guitars are awesome on every track. I know we are on THIS album but, I HAVE to ask, what are the chances of a BLACKSTAR surround and atmos mix. It was talked about and then never happened. That album would be insane in multi. Thanks again Ken for being in here. Please do not let the negative opinions that may be broadcasted among the positive get to you. Ken Scott IN THE HOUSE!
There's a Tony Visconti spacial surround mix of Blackstar already but it's stuck in the Sony 360RA format (there are Atmos/DTS conversions floating around though AFAIK).

It's pretty great indeed, one of the better Bowie surround mixes I'd say.

Also, steering this back on topic, while not the most discreet mix imaginable, the Atmos Ziggy is pretty great, gave it a 9.

Never really got the hate on the SACD 5.1 either, it was a great expansion of the original mix into surround.

Back