Dolby Atmos on MacOS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had setups that ran two Windows PCs (one because the Office had a better picture editor, and it's a laptop so I can use it to read my cars' computers) and one Linux Ubuntu OS. I just added a mac mini to the stack.

Full disclosure, the laptop won't run for more than 30 minutes without overheating, and the motherboard I bought to replace a dead one on the Ubuntu machine was DOA, but I was blaming everything else until the return date passed, so it hasn't been running for a couple of years. I have another MB on order, but it seems to be on a mule train getting here. I inherited my mother's laptop, and its battery is shot. They seem to be out of production, but I found a place that carries that model, and it's on another mule train. Once I salvage all the stuff my family might want out of that machine, I'll swap hard drives and see what happens.

When those asses show up, I'll have a few more projects I can work on.

Downloaded this day on my older Mac from 2018 Sequioa, I can in the named apps the setting changed to HDMI Passthrough, very strange that there is no control, but no luck get no Dolby Atmos

I am searching for members who have a silicon Mac updated to Sequoia, and with a Dolby Atmos setup with more then eight speakers to have overlook the HDMI Passthrough feature of Sequioa. I want to ask to play lossless and lossy sweeps from this Mac with the three Mac apps: Apple TV app, Apple Music or QuickTime, these have now Passthrough options. Goal is to explore of measuring with this sweeps will possible now in REW with the new feature. Please send me a personal message if you will support. Thanks in advance.

Back