Dolby Atmos Songs and Albums that have more than 1 Atmos Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They technically do, but as far as I know, there is no way to listen to Sony 360RA and get overheads, which is at least part of why the format failed. Denon/Marnatz didn’t start supporting 360 until last year, but it doesn’t matter because I don’t think there are any streaming boxes that know what to do with MPEG-H (the underlying codec). So you may be asking, well what is the point of acquiring 360RA files - well they still have a 7.1 channel bed, and since there was a stupid format war, there were some releases that were 360 exclusives.
Yes, that was the reason for my question as I have a few 360 captures and they are basically 4.0.
Edit: they sound fantastic.

Yes, that was the reason for my question as I have a few 360 captures and they are basically 4.0.
Edit: they sound fantastic.
Some 360's are 4.0 and 5.1. Other 360 mixes have objects and can be decoded to speaker layouts with height channels.

I didn't have that issue but I have no qualms with tweaking channel levels.

I don’t either if it’s a change that I’m committing to, but to adjust for 1 album, I’ll pass. Here’s what I’m talking about, look at that spike in the rears. Just all the sudden goes to as loud as the fronts, “Get Lucky”.

Attachments

• IMG_1879.png
    IMG_1879.png
    1.9 MB
I don’t either if it’s a change that I’m committing to, but to adjust for 1 album, I’ll pass. Here’s what I’m talking about, look at that spike in the rears. Just all the sudden goes to as loud as the fronts, “Get Lucky”.
I don't have an issue with it personally. Some of the new Peter Gabriel I/O Atmos tracks have rears equal to or louder than the fronts. Does the Get Lucky track rear channels stay the same if you decode it to 7.1.4? I didn't listen in 7.1.

Has anyone heard one of these "360" mixes that doesn't sound like 64k mp3 style lossy distortion? Is anyone collecting these alleged fleeting alternate mixes in lossless original condition? Would that even be possible? To say that another way, are there really alternate mixes or could these be examples of lossy compression so severe that the mixes sound altered? Perhaps I just have no idea where to find the 'real' 360 masters and I've only heard stepped on examples?

Some mixes, you know...
Some are bulletproof no matter what you do and even sound more or less the same on any sound system. Some sound like a complete different remix just turning up the treble a notch. Or compressing a little too much. Or compressing a very lot too much, volume war style!

Back