ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pictures...

a genuine 'DVD Audio' from Sony!!

"what a difference a decade makes"..!! :D

I'm keeping everything crossed that this will mark the start of a renaissance of my favourite format for Hi-Rez surround!

A combi set with a CD and a DVD-Audio ticks ALL the boxes, imo and should be the way forward for our cause, unless BD-Audio takes off (which I don't see happening any time soon...).

I realise DMG have been releasing the KC back catalogue in just this way for years now.. but (at last!) one of the big big big boys has done it too!

About flaming time!

Hello all,

Good news - as usual from Burning Shed...

Miraculously both titles arrived in the same delivery yesterday so we were able to pack both in the same parcel for everyone who ordered the two albums.

We'll be sorting out partial postage refunds automatically for all affected over the next week or so. You don't need to ask us - we'll do it all straight from the database.

Please don't worry if the money isn't in your card or Paypal account (depending on how you paid) immediately. Tim and Pete are off on the No-Man tour around Europe for the next week and a bit plus we've got a Bank Holiday here on Monday and lots more pre-orders going out next week so it's just me on the admin front for a while trying to squeeze everything in!

Fortunately we have very lovely IT and packing staff who make life a whole lot easier ;~)

Have fun,

Lisa

(edit) p.s. If anyone mentions my team's opening day thrashing by Fulham I'm never talking to any of you again!!!

Last edited:
You think Neil's post makes it official?
I HOPE SO!
Now let's get the details of what's cooking!

Well, he's our man in the know, so I'm taking it as the best indication that there will definitely be more to follow!

Sales must have been brisk enough for Sony to 'Green-Light' the next batch.

With any luck, Universal and EMI will be watching this and follow suit. I might finally get my beloved Elton's remaining 5.1 Greg Penny mixes - Caribou/Westies/Blue Moves/Don't Shoot Me.. If Universal were to take Sony's lead on this and release them as "Deluxe Editions" with CD + DVD-Audio..!! Goodness knows Universal have released "Deluxe" sets of more obscure/less popular albums over the years.. so you never know!? I live in hope!

Meantime, I'm SO hopeful that there's a far greater likelihood that we will eventually at least have all of ELP's generally accepted best/classic albums reissued in similar fashion in 5.1 DVDA.

Fingers crossed!!

Hey, where's my $2 back? No worry. If I were at your locale I'd still be trying to get over Norwich's opening day thrashing by Fulham....and our exported striker (Clint Dempsey) didn't even play. John

Last edited:
Oh Crap - brain damage again.
Sorry, I thought for some reason we were discussing LTIA indeed...please accept my apologies for the snippy answer & bad attitude.
It must be an age thing......:mad:

These are all at 24/48, simply because that is how the tapes were transferred.
We are going to ask for 24/96 transfers of the next batch though.....please remember these were originally going to be DVD-V discs, not DVD-A/V.

there's a next batch! It's official..!

Yeeeeeeeaaaayyyyyyyyy...!!!!!

:banana:

Well, he's our man in the know, so I'm taking it as the best indication that there will definitely be more to follow!

Sales must have been brisk enough for Sony to 'Green-Light' the next batch.

With any luck, Universal and EMI will be watching this and follow suit. I might finally get my beloved Elton's remaining 5.1 Greg Penny mixes - Caribou/Westies/Blue Moves/Don't Shoot Me.. If Universal were to take Sony's lead on this and release them as "Deluxe Editions" with CD + DVD-Audio..!! Goodness knows Universal have released "Deluxe" sets of more obscure/less popular albums over the years.. so you never know!? I live in hope!

Meantime, I'm SO hopeful that there's a far greater likelihood that we will eventually at least have all of ELP's generally accepted best/classic albums reissued in similar fashion in 5.1 DVDA.

Fingers crossed!!

Ah, yes! The thought of listening to Trilogy and (an SW mix of) BSS in 96/24 DVD-Audio has me foaming at the mouth! :51banana:
The mixes may already be finished. Remember, Steven did say at one point that these current remixes were done a year ago, so we'll see how long it takes these to get released...

As for the other major record companies, EMI can start by giving us a DVD-Audio or Blu-Ray of THICK AS A BRICK this fall, instead of DVD-Video (which is what I'm fearing will happen).

As for Universal, yes, they need to get those other unreleased 5.1 Elton mixes out there. (I'll be really pissed off if they do a 40th anniversary edition of GYBR and let these others continue to collect dust). I've also heard that Elliot Schneiner mixed all of the other classic Steely Dan albums in 5.1 (except Aja), so these need to be released too (especially if these mixes are half as good as Gaucho). (They can also include the Quad mixes of the first three albums too if they do DVD-A or Blu-Ray.)
And I also hope they can squeeze a few other 5.1 DVD-As out of RUSH (especially Hemispheres).

Hello all,

Miraculously both titles arrived in the same delivery yesterday so we were able to pack both in the same parcel for everyone who ordered the two albums.

We'll be sorting out partial postage refunds automatically for all affected over the next week or so. You don't need to ask us - we'll do it all straight from the database.

Please don't worry if the money isn't in your card or Paypal account (depending on how you paid) immediately. Tim and Pete are off on the No-Man tour around Europe for the next week and a bit plus we've got a Bank Holiday here on Monday and lots more pre-orders going out next week so it's just me on the admin front for a while trying to squeeze everything in!

Fortunately we have very lovely IT and packing staff who make life a whole lot easier ;~)

Have fun,

Lisa

(edit) p.s. If anyone mentions my team's opening day thrashing by Fulham I'm never talking to any of you again!!!

As always, another fantastic job by Burning Shed and you in particular.
Thank you!

And I also hope they can squeeze a few other 5.1 DVD-As out of RUSH (especially Hemispheres).
"Hemispheres" is also my fave Rush LP, but ,
Unfortunately, according to Alex Lifeson, most multis are missing, so, it's gonna be a big fat no.
He says they can't even find ANY multis from "Permanent waves"...how sloppy can you get??

Unfortunately, according to Alex Lifeson, most multis are missing, so, it's gonna be a big fat no.
He says they can't even find ANY multis from "Permanent waves"...how sloppy can you get??

It really is a shame how these masters have been abused and forgotten ... and some aren't even that old. Very sad.

Whatever happened to the ELP concert being televised on AXS during August? Never saw it on the programming guide...

Hello all,

Have fun,

Lisa

That is good news indeed. Makes sense too. Thanks Lisa.

Yes, I am aware of that interview. That could be why in the case of Sector Box Sets 1&2 we only got Fly by Night and A Farewell to Kings in surround.
Maybe tapes are missing from Caress of Steel, 2112, Hemispheres, and Permanent Waves.
I assume that the tapes are intact for the 80s albums onwards, but you never know.

Yes, I am aware of that interview. That could be why in the case of Sector Box Sets 1&2 we only got Fly by Night and A Farewell to Kings in surround.
Maybe tapes are missing from Caress of Steel, 2112, Hemispheres, and Permanent Waves.
I assume that the tapes are intact for the 80s albums onwards, but you never know.

pretty sure I read there are tape issues with "2112" as well :( can't recall off the top of my head if it's that the tapes are in poor shape or that elements are missing, or that they are lost altogether.

this discussion doesn't seem conclusive but speculates that there may be master tape problems..

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2011/12/13/2938/Rushs-Limelight-2112-now-available-for-Jammit-app

Maybe someone already mentioned it but these are ultra cheap from amazon.de to the USA

EUR 25,32 total price for both delivered

(a bit under $32)

About the same from Amazon UK, 19.07GBP which works out to a few pennies over $30US, shipped.
My order shipped today, I expect they'll take about a week to arrive.

About the same from Amazon UK, 19.07GBP which works out to a few pennies over $30US, shipped.
My order shipped today, I expect they'll take about a week to arrive.

My orders shipped from Amazon UK on the 24th. I hope to see them by Tuesday Sept 4 but lets hear some REVIEWS soon!
I know everyone wants my opinion :D

My orders shipped from Amazon UK on the 24th. I hope to see them by Tuesday Sept 4 but lets hear some REVIEWS soon!
I know everyone wants my opinion :D

I'm sorry but I can't help saying, all we have read over the past year is your opinion.

Last edited:
I know all you guys ( and Linda ) are all excited about the ELP releases....but will we ever get any other genre of music released, other than Prog Rock ! ?

( Just listened to Tarkus for the first time....and quite frankly, it's giving me a headache ! ) I want to support the Hi Rez format, but to be honest, i'm glad i cancelled my order.

I think Steve Wilson commented that he was / had worked on another recording that wasn't Prog Rock ?....i just hope that will be something that i will like & want to buy ?

Listening again, trying to get into it....very soundtrack like. ( but without the movie ) Quite frantic, in places !

What's odd is that Tarkus ( track ) is clearly " soundtrack " music, but there's hardly any Hi Rez poll relating to Soundtracks on QQ ? Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, James Horner e.t.c.

I know all you guys ( and Linda ) are all excited about the ELP releases....but will we ever get any other genre of music released, other than Prog Rock ! ?

( Just listened to Tarkus for the first time....and quite frankly, it's giving me a headache ! ) I want to support the Hi Rez format, but to be honest, i'm glad i cancelled my order.

I think Steve Wilson commented that he was / had worked on another recording that wasn't Prog Rock ?....i just hope that will be something that i will like & want to buy ?

Listening again, trying to get into it....very soundtrack like. ( but without the movie ) Quite frantic, in places !

What's odd is that Tarkus ( track ) is clearly " soundtrack " music, but there's hardly any Hi Rez poll relating to Soundtracks on QQ ? Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, James Horner e.t.c.

That is correct. Steven Wilson confirmed that the next thing will be a non prog album from 1972. As fasr As I know, no info yet which album it will be.

Back