ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry but I can't help saying, all we have read over the past year is your opinion.

Wait till you hear my opinion/review of Tarkus and ELP. :51banana:
Like I said, I will probably be the last one on here to get my copies!
So anyone who has them please give us your review!

About the same from Amazon UK, 19.07GBP which works out to a few pennies over $30US, shipped.
I wonder how I overlooked that low price on amazon.uk? Maybe it was higher earlier on. I would have much rather ordered from them since getting stuff from Germany takes longer. Plus, I want to get that ELO First Light and it's cheaper than ever now.

Looks like I came out ahead by $1.05, but amazon.de has jacked up their prices by 4 euros (for the two) since so now amazon.uk is a far better deal.

The only thing I have to complain is, that the original ELP album is only 41:13 long. The pleasure to listen it always ends to soon :)

Markus

no way, you will be getting it before me by far.

I live on the other side of the world, so Ill be getting this in two or three weeks from now...

i will probably get this when the preorders for Triolgy and Pictures are available... (wishful thinking?)

Don't become bitter. If German customs decides to sit on a parcel it will also take three (rainy or snowy :)) weeks. I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Markus

Yes, bring on Trilogy and Pictures ... then let's move on to another artist.
We really don't need another BSS, and there are so many great LPs to do.

Ya know, I hope they realize that releasing another BSS in surround would not be the greatest idea. If they want sales, they should stick to the albums that have not been released in surround even though a SW mix would be better than the original release(s).
PAAE, Trilogy, WBMFTTSTNE, and maybe some Works Vol. 1, Pirates and Fanfare maybe the Piano Concerto and a song or two from Greg's and Carl's sides.
Cal Jam would be crazy to even think about since those tapes seem to have been erased. Maybe they have some old King Biscuit surround tapes from the BSS tour.

PAAE, Trilogy, WBMFTTSTNE, and maybe some Works Vol. 1, Pirates and Fanfare maybe the Piano Concerto and a song or two from Greg's and Carl's sides.

HEY! Didn't you hear what Ranasakawa said? Sorry, I couldn't help it. :)

I still think that we there are many more classic LPs that deserve the SW treatment.
I have always been an ELP fan, but there ARE other great bands out there. What do you think Ranasakawa? :rolleyes:

_____THERE ARE SO MANY CLASSIC ALBUMS TO DO in SURROUND_____

I am the penultimate ELP fan and I want their entire catalog in 5.1 --- But yes I want to hear...
THESE those albums that were amongst the best stereo albums I ever heard...

Here are some obvious and some challenging selections...If you have never heard them then get your headphones ..
Funny most of these albums were striking on headphones (remember your first KOSS or BEYER-DYNAMICS?) - mostly missed by the Ipod earbud generation

Jean Michel Jarre le Concerts in China
Vangelis EARTH HEAVEN AND HELL ALBEDO .39 BLADRUNNER ALEXANDER BOUNTY 1492
the beatles - REVOLVER SGT PEPPERS MMT RUBBER SOUL (all of them)
Blind Faith - ST
Jethro Tull STAND UP the BENEFIT
Jeff Beck - WHO ELSE And YOU HAD IT COMING
Blind Faith - ST
Al Kooper Super Session
Blood Sweat and Tears Child is father to the man
Quicksilver Messenger service HAPPY TRAILS
Led ZEP 2,4,1
Jimi Hendrix Are you experienced and Electric Ladyland
Ozric Tentacles Jurassic Shift Erpland Strangitude
Renaissance Live at the Filmore
Yello ONE SECOND, POCKET UNIVERSE, MOTION PICTURE
Crosby Stills and Nash
Crosby Stills and Nash and young Deja Vu
The Nice Elegy

Oh Crap - brain damage again.
Sorry, I thought for some reason we were discussing LTIA indeed...please accept my apologies for the snippy answer & bad attitude.
It must be an age thing......:mad:

WE are all human-are we not?
Accept my apologies - to all parties from this party

_____THERE ARE SO MANY CLASSIC ALBUMS TO DO in SURROUND_____

I am the penultimate ELP fan and I want their entire catalog in 5.1 --- But yes I want to hear...
THESE those albums that were amongst the best stereo albums I ever heard...

Here are some obvious and some challenging selections...If you have never heard them then get your headphones ..
Funny most of these albums were striking on headphones (remember your first KOSS or BEYER-DYNAMICS?) - mostly missed by the Ipod earbud generation

Jean Michel Jarre le Concerts in China
Vangelis EARTH HEAVEN AND HELL ALBEDO .39 BLADRUNNER ALEXANDER BOUNTY 1492
the beatles - REVOLVER SGT PEPPERS MMT RUBBER SOUL (all of them)
Blind Faith - ST
Jethro Tull STAND UP the BENEFIT
Jeff Beck - WHO ELSE And YOU HAD IT COMING
Blind Faith - ST
Al Kooper Super Session
Blood Sweat and Tears Child is father to the man
Quicksilver Messenger service HAPPY TRAILS
Led ZEP 2,4,1
Jimi Hendrix Are you experienced and Electric Ladyland
Ozric Tentacles Jurassic Shift Erpland Strangitude
Renaissance Live at the Filmore
Yello ONE SECOND, POCKET UNIVERSE, MOTION PICTURE
Crosby Stills and Nash
Crosby Stills and Nash and young Deja Vu
The Nice Elegy

Well, we know for sure that both SuperSession & the BST stuff was mixed into 5.1 by Al Kooper, but is being sat on for some inexplicable reason.
I have these in QUad too - including a version of SuperSession clocking in at 75 minutes run time too. It's GLORIOUS!!
I also understand the entire Led Zep catalogue has been done to 5.1, again in the vaults for the forseeable future too, likewise Deja Vu.

Blind Faith would be terrific, but do not hold your breath as I suspect the multitracks are dead & gone a long time back.
Electric Ladyland is possibly 4 channel anyway - it certainly decodes beautifully & the masters are allegedly marked "Do not adjust for phase".....or so says the legend.

I also understand the entire Led Zep catalogue has been done to 5.1, again in the vaults for the forseeable future too, likewise Deja Vu.

Did NOT know this....Mr. Page was always a "good" businessman , especially if he kept all of the LZ multis.
What I DO fear is that
IF
it's released; its' gonna be in an extremely unaffordable boxset with bells, whistles ...and marbles(???)

HEY! Didn't you hear what Ranasakawa said? Sorry, I couldn't help it. :)

I still think that we there are many more classic LPs that deserve the SW treatment.
I have always been an ELP fan, but there ARE other great bands out there. What do you think Ranasakawa? :rolleyes:

He he

I am waiting for SW to start on 'Yes' next.

Glad to see you got my attempt of some humor, no disrespect was intended.

Did NOT know this....Mr. Page was always a "good" businessman , especially if he kept all of the LZ multis.
What I DO fear is that
IF
it's released; its' gonna be in an extremely unaffordable boxset with bells, whistles ...and marbles(???)

can't find the source right now but I'm pretty sure I read LZ's "IV" (Zoso/4 symbols, whatever you want to call it!?) was mixed in 5.1 and ready to roll out on DVDA but Jimmy Page rejected the mix.

I'm pretty certain I also read that JP hates surround music in general, so if (and it's a big if) that turns out to be true, we may never see more Zeppelin in surround.. stuck in a box stuffed with marbles and shit, or otherwise :(

Back