ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is not what a TRUE music fan does. I will have a couple of copies but would never think of making a profit from the music.

Then I guess you are a much better person, but I accept your put-down.

For me, I paid a premium for the Lynyrd Skynyrd set because it wasn't available in Canada; even at Walmart.
If I make a bit selling another title, then it evens itself out.

I've got one coming from Germany and another from the UK, myself.

So, non-shrinkwrapped cardboard. That can't be good.

I changed my order to Amazon UK and both titles only came to a dollar more with no wait time. $34.05 total shipped. Both are in stock now, as opposed to waiting until September 11, 2012 on the U.S. Amazon site.

Last edited:
I just received my copy of Tarkus...ELP S/T should be here tomorrow. I just listened to it in my car as I can't kick my boys off the WII games on my system!
I will listen to it a bit more but I don't know if anyone on here wants to hear what I have to say because I am so opinionated...

I just received my copy of Tarkus...ELP S/T should be here tomorrow. I just listened to it in my car as I can't kick my boys off the WII games on my system!
I will listen to it a bit more but I don't know if anyone on here wants to hear what I have to say because I am so opinionated...

I'm still impatiently waiting...guess it will be a couple more days before it hits the sw.

I say go for it. Put all your thoughts on it - good bad and the ugly - in the poll/review thread.

My "Tarkus" from Amazon UK actually was sealed, and arrived pristine. My "ELP" in the same package was not sealed and the spine was slightly crushed. :(

Both came from Burning Shed not sealed but in perfect shape in only 5 days from England to Illinois.
Burning Shed now reports out of stock for ELP, didn't look at Tarkus.

The endless enigma

Date Time Location Event Details
30 Aug 2012 08:04:00 AM North Haven CT US Out for delivery
30 Aug 2012 07:31:00 AM North Haven CT US Arrival Scan
30 Aug 2012 06:10:00 AM Windsor Locks CT US Departure Scan
29 Aug 2012 11:21:00 PM Windsor Locks CT US Arrival Scan
29 Aug 2012 10:11:00 PM Stratford CT US Departure Scan
29 Aug 2012 08:01:00 PM Stratford CT US Arrival Scan
29 Aug 2012 03:32:00 PM Philadelphia PA US Departure Scan
29 Aug 2012 12:48:00 PM Philadelphia PA US Arrival Scan
29 Aug 2012 10:54:00 AM Philadelphia PA US Arrived at destination country
29 Aug 2012 09:01:00 AM Philadelphia PA US Arrival Scan
29 Aug 2012 06:23:00 AM ROISSY, PARIS FR Departure Scan
29 Aug 2012 05:00:00 AM KOELN (COLOGNE) DE Departure Scan
29 Aug 2012 04:31:00 AM ROISSY, PARIS FR Arrival Scan
29 Aug 2012 12:38:00 AM KOELN (COLOGNE) DE Arrival Scan
28 Aug 2012 10:23:00 PM East Midlands Airpor GB Departure Scan
28 Aug 2012 09:00:00 PM East Midlands Airpor GB Arrival Scan
28 Aug 2012 05:30:00 PM Swansea GB Departure Scan
28 Aug 2012 04:27:00 PM Swansea GB Shipment received by carrier
28 Aug 2012 10:05:52 AM GB Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

Last edited:
I heard surround tracks on my system today.
Tarkus 5.1 is really fantastic surround mix. SW had done a great job.
but B1(of LP) track "The Three Fates" omitted church organ intro
and no "Tank" track. "Rave Up" is NO good for me!

Just curious, anybody in the Southern US who ordered from Burning Shed get theirs yet?

I'm still waiting patiently for mine...
That's the only problem with ordering from overseas...no tracking numbers! :(

Just curious, anybody in the Southern US who ordered from Burning Shed get theirs yet?

I'm still waiting patiently for mine...
That's the only problem with ordering from overseas...no tracking numbers! :(

I don't see your location (don't hide!)...and it seems to depend on when you ordered the discs. Two friends of mine (yes, I have SOME friends) have not received their discs yet and I believe the reason is that they ordered the discs a few days or a week or so after I ordered mine.
I only received Tarkus and expected ELP S/T to be in the mail today since it was dispatched one day after Tarkus but it did not arrive today and I am going away for the next few days so it will be sitting in my foyer begging to be played until I get home!

I don't see your location (don't hide!)...and it seems to depend on when you ordered the discs. Two friends of mine (yes, I have SOME friends) have not received their discs yet and I believe the reason is that they ordered the discs a few days or a week or so after I ordered mine.
I only received Tarkus and expected ELP S/T to be in the mail today since it was dispatched one day after Tarkus but it did not arrive today and I am going away for the next few days so it will be sitting in my foyer begging to be played until I get home!

I pre-ordered mine from Burning Shed on Aug 11, and they were sent out last Thursday (Aug 23).

And you can now see my location... :)

I pre-ordered mine from Burning Shed on Aug 11, and they were sent out last Thursday (Aug 23).

And you can now see my location... :)

I ordered my discs from Amazon UK on April 1 and they were sent out Aug 24 and I live in New Joisey, USA. The drive to your place is a bit more hilly? And watch out for the Hatfields and McCoys!

Is this stuff omitted on the stereo dvd-audio version also?

Stereo hi-rez DVD is also omitted first two parts of "The Three Fates".same as 5.1.
But Stereo hi-rez has Drum Solo(second part of "Tank"). It means they keep Drum Solo
multi-reel and remixed.but missing or problems on multi tracks of first two parts of
"The Three Fates".I don't know why they omitted Drum Solo on 5.1.

Last edited:
Stereo hi-rez DVD is also omitted first two parts of "The Three Fates".same as 5.1.
But Stereo hi-rez has Drum Solo(first part of "Tank"). It means they keep Drum Solo
multi-reel and remixed.but missing or problems on multi tracks of first two parts of
"The Three Fates".I don't know why they omitted Drum Solo on 5.1.

Does nobody read the booklets any more? All of this is explained in three- it's all due to missing multitracks.

It is what it is.

Back