ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WBMFTTSTNE....

You have to keep up with the TLAs...

I don't care if we're not PAAEd... as for all the BSS, I feel like I'm an extremely Lucky Man to have multiple mixes.

We'd be really lucky to have another BSS...

The other thing that frustrated me a bit was the DVD authoring. I chose the high resolution surround option and listened to the (reconfigured) album in 5.1. When it ended I searched the menu for the Alt ELP new 2012 stereo mixes but couldn't find them. After a few frustrated moments I figured out that I needed to select the high resolution stereo option from the AUDIO menu in order for these to be displayed. Not the most user-friendly method to access these tracks but now that I've figured it out it will no longer be an issue.

There's a really good reason for this - the stereo program is a different run time to the surround one, with different content so had to be placed in a separate group. The 5.1 is in Group 1, the 2.0 is in Group 2 - you can only access streams off the AUDIO button when both streams are in the same group, and with PGC Block authoring as this is called, both streams need to be identical lengths, or multiplexing will fail.

I am also looking forward to the next releases but want them to get the treatment they deserve

Maybe you had better write to Sony & offer them your services then.
After all, from what you write it is apparent you could do it so much better....so either nip one off or get off the pot.

So I guess I am wrong for saying that I think that these releases should/could have been better. Sorry. I will conform.

That is not the point. There is nothing wrong with saying things like "I do not really like/rate/care for this mix". This is what the polls are for.
The problem I have is that I do not understand why you think Steven should get into a private discussion with you over how to improve his mixing skills (for which he is a multiple Grammy Award nominee).
From what grounds do you make such statements?

As to the comment above "I think that these releases should/could have been better" - that is your opinion, and you are of course entitled to it - but I state again this is not what I have an issue with.
Personally, I think the entire Bowie catalogue has never been done properly in any digital form and definitely think that they could have/should have been done better - but I am not stating that
Ken Scott should get on the phone with me to discuss how to improve what he does!!!

That is not the point. There is nothing wrong with saying things like "I do not really like/rate/care for this mix". This is what the polls are for.
The problem I have is that I do not understand why you think Steven should get into a private discussion with you over how to improve his mixing skills (for which he is a multiple Grammy Award nominee).
From what grounds do you make such statements?
I don't have a problem with Steven's other mixes. I understand he was a Grammy Award nominee.
And for example, I can't pick the Tarkus mix apart and point out the problems I hear. That would take some time but I have AB'd the surround mix with the version I have listened to for 41 years now and I just wonder where a simple thing like Carl shaking what sounds like sleigh bells is missing. Greg's wailing guitar in the middle of Mass is not as up front as any other mix I have heard and also Greg's guitar during Battlefield just doesn't have any presence. I have already stated I have one upmix that does a much better job as far as the surround is concerned and there are no instruments either buried or missing from the original mix.
Now let's just go on to the next batch.

I guess only a few Best Buy stores are stocking this. It's out today, but not at any of my local stores.

I guess only a few Best Buy stores are stocking this. It's out today, but not at any of my local stores.

I am waiting for the next batch of Tarkus to be pressed without the Unknown Ballad. Hopefully, there will be a next batch meaning that sales were good. The vinyl album releases have surpassed expectations so I hear.

If there is no difference, why are different audio choices ("advanced stereo" and "LPCM stereo") listed in https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...n-5-1-Surround&p=160386&viewfull=1#post160386?
I don't get it.

i'm also can't see the logic with duplication of same stream on single disc but that what sometimes offered.
i guess it's remnant of the past, when were DVD-Audio only players and VIDEO_TS part wasn't accessible
for them, thus hybrid disc should have same stereo stream in the different directories, to be playable in any
DVD players.

... i guess it's remnant of the past, when were DVD-Audio only players and VIDEO_TS part wasn't accessible
for them, thus hybrid disc should have same stereo stream in the different directories, to be playable in any
DVD players.
Thank you. This is a possible explanation.
(Next question: "advanced stereo" would be in the audio directory and "LPCM stereo" in the video directory? Or vice versa?)

Back