Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From KINO LORBER and director Abel Ferrara THE BAD LIEUTENANT [Native UHD4K from the OCN/HDR10/Dolby Vision/DTS~HD MA 5.1]

http://thedigitalbits.com/item/bad-lieutenant-kino-2024-uhd

R.e6e2710c3092b20c4eebdaab01e517da

SNIFF!

AFAIK, barfle, NONE of those titles were ever released in REAL or UPCONVERTED 3D. Paramount also released 3 more titles: Cloverfield [the original], A QUIET PLACE AND BEVERLY HILLS COP [1] all $10.99!

I watched ESCAPE FROM LA [Native UHD4K] last night and while it doesn't compare to the original ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK it's still a wildly enjoyable flick with an astounding discrete immersive 5.1 DTS~HD MA heart~pounding soundtrack. Picture was exquisite. Well worth revisiting, IMO!

R.d40f72892d97542949b59b02ca28ea83

WELCOME TO LA LA LAND!
I don't know if they were ever 3D or not, but bragging about being in all formats (even if they limited themselves to four) seems like it's leaving something out. Maybe 35mm?

ALL FOUR FORMATS, ONE GREAT PRICE followed by their respective logos is better add copy than:
All of the formats commonly available at the time of the release of this product
Or
FOUR of the EIGHT FORMATS excluding 3D, VHS, LaserDisc, 35mm, etc

Challengers poster

Last night I watched Italian director Luca Guadagnino's [CALL ME BY YOUR NAME/SUSPIRIA remake] rather 'challenging' CHALLENGERS courtesy of FIOS on DEMAND [1080p/DD 5.1] and awoke this morning still pondering the ambiguous ending which continues to perplex viewers and film critics alike!

In the competitive world of pro Tennis...the winner supposedly takes ALL but in this frivolous menage a trois tale of three lost souls competing for the ultimate prize there are clearly NO winners!

Patrick and Art have been friends since childhood and share a love of tennis. At a match, they behold Tashi Duncan, an upcoming superstar in the world of the sport and become enamored with both her beauty and obvious prowess! After vigorously pursuing her, a bond of friendship and romance ensues and in the film's maiden love scene not only do the two mates caress their prize but passionately make out with each other, as well...with an almost approving Tashi looking on!

Zendaya Gets Candid on Filming Sex Scenes for Upcoming Movie

The film wildly criss crosses over extended periods of time. Tashi and Art eventually marry and have a child with Tashi blowing out her knee at a pivotal competition abruptly ending her career. She then becomes Art's manager. In the meantime, Patrick still pursuing his own Tennis aspirations has never ceased his infatutation with Tashi, even once being romantically linked with her thus putting a wedge between his friendship with Art.

Fast forward to the year 2019 in which both Art and Patrick are to be competitors in a pivotal competition. Tashi asks Patrick to lose to Art...thus bolstering his ego and also sleeps with him. Patrick boldly tells Tashi that she never loved Art and asks her to be HIS tennis coach. In a final scene in a steam room, Art tells Patrick that he never grew up, is wholly self absorbed and to stop swinging his naked d**k in front of him and leaves the room flustered!

In the closing match between Patrick and Art ...... both obviously working up a sweat from the grueling competitiveness with Tashi looking on, both men abruptly end the match by putting down their rackets and embracing each other with no clear winner....thus, the ambiguity!

Hopefully, a 4K version will eventually surface and I will definitely add this film to my collection! Currently, it's only available in 1080p.

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross supply the pulsating and immersive soundtrack!

Below is Roger Ebert.com's review:

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/challengers-film-review-2024

R.4e04fee9e06f340840176d7c12c2f1a7

JOSH O'CONNOR [PATRICK ZWEIG].......... ZENDAYA [TASHI DUNCAN].............. MIKE FAIST [ART DONALDSON]

Last edited:
Back