Gnarlywood: the thorn in Rhino's side?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should WMG/Rhino dump Gnarlywood and seek a different fulfillment partner?

• Definitely

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe not

• Definitely not

• Total voters
fwiw, I recently had that issue using Firefox on my PC - switching to Chrome fixed the issue
And some had issues with Google Chrome and went to Edge and had that work. There seems to be no for sure way. One just needs to try something else to get it to work, Maybe cookies are to blame, and Rhino's site accidently blocks certain cookie combos?

Last edited:
No need to be hostile. I don't think you'll find many here who share your opinion on the packaging. What is your ideal packaging for a $25 standalone audio Blu-ray release?
Not hostile at all,I'm not the one that punched down on Dutton the company that usually gives you two albums for the price of one SACD compared to Rhinos one bluray.That 25 dollar price doesn't apply outside of the USA.
I'll continue to call Rhino out because the lack of distribution and cheap packaging is not what Warner is capable of.Even the Gentle Giant Alucard releases are packaged far superior for same or less money

No need to be hostile. I don't think you'll find many here who share your opinion on the packaging. What is your ideal packaging for a $25 standalone audio Blu-ray release?
I've been getting my Quadio Blu-Rays for $20 each including shipping. Only tax added. And been really liking all of the titles too. I think the "cheap" super jewels feel really nice in hands holding a stack of 12 of them and flipping through them in excitement like I'm 15 years old again..... Of course not so easy for international buyers.

Not hostile at all,I'm not the one that punched down on Dutton the company that usually gives you two albums for the price of one SACD compared to Rhinos one bluray.That 25 dollar price doesn't apply outside of the USA.
I'll continue to call Rhino out because the lack of distribution and cheap packaging is not what Warner is capable of.Even the Gentle Giant Alucard releases are packaged far superior for same or less money
I think that this is the best Warner / Rhino can do with a $20 - $25 BluRay disc. I am under the impression that this price point does not allow even one more color page to be included in the booklets.

I placed an order with Rhino 3 weeks ago (Joni Mitchell box plus the AWB). Last Friday I got an e-mail from Rhino saying that my order had been shipped. Just now I got an e-mail from Warner Music Store (?), saying that due to unforeseen circumstances there has been a delay in shipping my order, even though last Friday my e-mail said that it had been shipped! Arse meet elbow!!

Based on my most recent order, I'm pretty convinced the Warner customer service group doesn't have a clue.

I placed an order on May 17 for 3 items. None were listed as being out of stock, S&C Quadio, Alanis Blu-ray, Joni box.

I received this email on the 5th, which I previously posted. As noted the big problem is the email was sent to my address but with someone else's name attached to it.
I received this email from Rhino today.

Hello Andrew Keegan,​
Thank you for shopping with us.​
Due to unforeseen circumstances, there has been a delay in shipping your order.​
We are working diligently to get your shipment out to you as soon as possible. (You will be sent a confirmation email when your order ships.)​
We apologize again for the inconvenience. Please accept the following 10% off discount code to our online store as a thank you for your patience (pre-order items not included; other restrictions may apply):​
CCGNWMX10
If you have any questions, please contact us at: [email protected].​
Sincerely,
Rhino Store Customer Service​

The problem is, my name isn't Andrew Keegan...
WTF???

I advised Warner of the error, then quickly got the following bot mail
Thank you for contacting us!

Your request has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff. We will follow up with you as soon as possible.

For future reference, your ticket request ID is: XXXXX

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

WMG Store Support Support

Please note:
In order to efficiently manage your issue, we ask that you do not submit multiple requests. Multiple requests can result in a delayed response from our team. To add additional comments and/or questions, please reply directly to this email.

Today, June 11, I get this "update"
Hello Paul,​
Thank you for shopping with us.​
Due to unforeseen circumstances, there has been a delay in shipping your Rhino Store order(s):​
R000091747US
R000091747US
R000091747US
We are working diligently to get your shipment out to you as soon as possible. (You will be sent a confirmation email when your order ships.)​
We apologize again for the inconvenience. Please accept the following 10% off discount code to our online store as a thank you for your patience (pre-order items not included; other restrictions may apply):​
CCGNWMX10
If you have any questions, please contact us at: [email protected].​
Sincerely,
Customer Service​
This email is sent from an account we use for sending messages only and is not monitored.

They apparently got my name right this time. But no explanation, and no estimated ship time. And I'm really resenting the barrage of discount code offers trying to get me to buy more stuff when they can't figure out how to get the stuff I already have bought, delivered to me.

If I were Warner, id be ashamed to have my name connected to this kind of service group.

In 6 days it will be a month since the order was placed.

I placed an order with Rhino 3 weeks ago (Joni Mitchell box plus the AWB). Last Friday I got an e-mail from Rhino saying that my order had been shipped. Just now I got an e-mail from Warner Music Store (?), saying that due to unforeseen circumstances there has been a delay in shipping my order, even though last Friday my e-mail said that it had been shipped! Arse meet elbow!!
Weird update. Got home from work today to find the Joni box had been delivered! That's not bad, considering only shipped (to the UK) last Friday, and had the unforeseen circumstances email today too! Another strange thing, the box was delivered by Hermes courier, with no paperwork at all in the packing, and no senders name on it at all!!

Weird update. Got home from work today to find the Joni box had been delivered! That's not bad, considering only shipped (to the UK) last Friday, and had the unforeseen circumstances email today too! Another strange thing, the box was delivered by Hermes courier, with no paperwork at all in the packing, and no senders name on it at all!!
But the good thing about this is no vat or courier charges!

It's "privately held" by LiveNation:

I'm guessing LiveNation laid off those employees.

But have you tried using your smartphone, as I suggested?
That would require me to own one, which I don't.
But seriously, I spend hundreds of dollars on music monthly everywhere but Rhino.
WTF should I have to jump through hoops to do so?
Even Cherry Red finally fixed their messed up website after a few months of losing business.

That would require me to own one, which I don't.
But seriously, I spend hundreds of dollars on music monthly everywhere but Rhino.
WTF should I have to jump through hoops to do so?
Even Cherry Red finally fixed their messed up website after a few months of losing business.
How do we know Cherry Red has lost business?

Because they said so when they apologized for their misfunctioning website.
Their system initially dumped all of the preorders (they were able to retrieve some but not all),
and virtually nobody could even log on to make purchases.

How do we know Cherry Red has lost business?
Probably unrelated to that issue, but Cherry Red don't remove the VAT for overseas orders, whereas Burning Shed do, so I order from the latter when they stock the same title (they're cheaper because of that, and I presume I'm not the only one who does this). Same with SDE who also don't remove the tax; I emailed them why and they said: "We only charge VAT on UK orders and not on any either ones [sic]. If you are asking why the products are the same price then that is to cover the costs associated with packaging, distribution and all the admin associated."

Go figure.🤷‍♂️

Still waiting on a June 1st order from Rhino. Doors and Fleetwood Mac Atmos mixes. Not sure what their "unforseen circumstances" are. If it is a backorder, just say so. If it is a fulfillment issue, shame on them.

Still waiting on a June 1st order from Rhino. Doors and Fleetwood Mac Atmos mixes. Not sure what their "unforseen circumstances" are. If it is a backorder, just say so. If it is a fulfillment issue, shame on them.
Glad you got your order and it all worked out fine for you!

Back