Hawkwind: Space Ritual (Stephen W Tayler 5.1 mix coming in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon USA now showing in stock from third-party seller with 7-day delivery for $137.
Amazon Global UK price is down to $117 with free shipping, 2-5 week delivery time.

🍄"#1 New Release in Classic Psychedelic Rock" 🍄

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB383SQD

1697582187120.png

I was happy I had two copies deliver on the same day, as the blu ray had a defect.
It would freeze and/or skip on the 5.1 mix.

After a thorough cleaning, I tried again, on three different blu ray spinners.
Orgone Accumulator would never play without errors, so back it went.
⚽

I continue to be amazed by the @Stephen W Tayler surround mix, as I am so familiar with the original stereo.
The detail and separation reveal new minutiae on every subsequent listen. :bowing:

:51QQ

The authoring of the blu ray is exceptional in the "Ken Burns"-style panning background visuals from the original 12-panel triple-gatefold vinyl (even down to the full-color inner sleeves). 😲
Song titles super-imposed in the original "computer-ish" early 70s font from the days of IBM mainframes with punch card programming. ⌨️

I haven't made it to the live recordings or thoroughly read the book yet.
I will be savoring it slowly through the long winter nights. ❄️

I missed getting a copy of this on release, but I contacted Cherry Red who told me "We are hoping to repress it in the coming weeks, so please keep an eye on our website for further information"

So I'll be doing just that!

[Edit]
Had the re-press confirmed by Vicky Powell from Esoteric/Cherry Red too, so it's definitely happening. :)

Last edited:
I generally wouldn't post about me looking for a set in a thread, but I am in an odd predicament, where I am both looking for the set AND can get it for someone who lives in Germany for that low-price that was offered at Amazon DE a while back. So, if you or someone you know lives in Germany and would like the set for a crazy good price, let me know!

I explain more in this thread:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...r-those-in-germany-looking-for-the-set.35091/

Last edited:
Does anybody know where I can get the running times for all the different versions on CDs this box? Sloppy disc titling. I put them all into iTunes and it F'ed it all up when I got to disc 10. It dumped ALL tracks into disc 10 and I can't tell them apart w/o running times. Looked at Discogs and a dozen other places and no help found. If nobody knows, I'll stick them into Sound Forge to get the times.

Last edited:
Does anybody know where I can get the running times for all the version on this box? Sloppy disc titling. I put them all into iTunes and it F'ed it all up when I got to disc 10. It dumped ALL tracks into disc 10 and I can't tell them apart w/o running times. Looks at Discogs and a dozen other places and no help found. If nobody knows, I'll stick them into Sound Forge to get the times.
Not sure, but it would be great for them to be added to discogs when you figure it out! https://www.discogs.com/release/edit/27429489

Many thanks for the heads up. I went straight to my Amazon app and the first page said I had been given a £5 voucher to spend before 7 Dec. It didn't last that long! So, woo hoo, bought for £79.99! Cracking deal. Ta v much again!

Delivery is shown as 2nd December so part of the re-press I should think. On that basis, according to Apple Corps CEO's philosophy, Hawkwind must be more popular than the Beatles! Wow! 🤔

Last edited:
Does anybody know where I can get the running times for all the different versions on CDs this box? Sloppy disc titling. I put them all into iTunes and it F'ed it all up when I got to disc 10. It dumped ALL tracks into disc 10 and I can't tell them apart w/o running times. Looked at Discogs and a dozen other places and no help found. If nobody knows, I'll stick them into Sound Forge to get the times.
I think if you display the tracks as a list, in the view options you can choose to display a Date added column, and then you can sort the list by this column: as tracks are imported from CD sequentially you may be able to tell them apart.

If you still need help drop me a PM. I can send screen shots of the times.

If you still need help drop me a PM. I can send screen shots of the times.
Big thanks to Marplot for the info!

All done except disc details; only #3/4 Liverpool survived. Ugh.
Disc 3 says 22/12/72 but disc 4 (same show) was done as 12/22/72. Like I said sloppy.
The XML doesn't update properly in real times so iTunes must be closed and re-opened multiple times to verify changes I made. Double Ugh.
DISCOGS listing was updated - 10 CDs / 1 BD

Nothing good to say about the decline of iTunes so I'll stop on a positive note. ;)

Back