How do I extract audio from Blu-Rays now that AnyDVD has disappeared?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynamic Editor

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
With AnyDVD's site suddenly disappearing, I find myself at a complete loss on how to extract the audio from Blu-Ray discs. Previously, I used AnyDVD in conjunction with DVD Audio Extractor to rip non-Atmos audio from Blu-Ray discs, but now, I have no earthly idea how to do it.

I tried DVD Fab Passkey to try and bypass the copy protection on the Blu-Ray, but that didn't work at all (it just kept loading indefinitely).

I tried ripping with MakeMKV and I have the mkv files... but now what? I don't really see an option from there how to extract the audio from an mkv file. Nothing seemed to appear regardless of what source I tried to pick on DVD Audio Extractor. I feel I am missing something significant, but I have no clue what.

Right, just create a Backup with MakeMKV (folder with green arrow icon in upper left corner). It decrypts the disc and creates a regular Blu-ray folder that can be burned, made into an ISO, extracted to audio, played directly from an HDD, etc.

I tried DVD Fab Passkey to try and bypass the copy protection on the Blu-Ray, but that didn't work at all (it just kept loading indefinitely).
Passkey has been more and more problematic for me. About 50% or more of the discs I throw at it simply won't load. I now use DVDFab13 and or makeMKV.

With AnyDVD's site suddenly disappearing, I find myself at a complete loss on how to extract the audio from Blu-Ray discs. Previously, I used AnyDVD in conjunction with DVD Audio Extractor to rip non-Atmos audio from Blu-Ray discs, but now, I have no earthly idea how to do it.

I tried ripping with MakeMKV and I have the mkv files... but now what? I don't really see an option from there how to extract the audio from an mkv file. Nothing seemed to appear regardless of what source I tried to pick on DVD Audio Extractor. I feel I am missing something significant, but I have no clue what.
Not sure which version of MakeMKV you’re using but you should update to the most recent version if you’re using an old one. MakeMKV rips to BDMV folder for me, not MKV files, so either update the program or change your settings to rip to BDMV folder, then DVD Audio Extractor will work with no problem.

Back