Howard Jones surround mixes from Cherry Red!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven, how about redoing the four Camel Blu-rays in Atmos now that you're set up? And please pan that Moog in "Moonmadness" all over the room – it's my dream object audio experience.;)

Last edited:
Stephen mentioned elsewhere that he did have a chat with the band about this. I am hopeful something will come of it.
As ever it is a question about the band getting the rights back from the original label so a new license can be sorted out - I believe the tapes exist and the will is there, just needs the business side fixxed!

Stephen mentioned elsewhere that he did have a chat with the band about this. I am hopeful something will come of it.
We know they aren’t opposed to surround, having released the very-good “1011 Woodland” (yes, very good even though it’s a Silverline title). But of course it involves things like who owns the multis, licensing them, penciling out whether someone thinks it would be profitable, etc.

I’d think the market for them should be as good as the HoJo titles. One of my very favorite acts (along with HoJo and TFF) from that time period. Having all three in surround would be completing the trifecta for me.

As ever it is a question about the band getting the rights back from the original label so a new license can be sorted out - I believe the tapes exist and the will is there, just needs the business side fixxed!
The thought occurred to me about the tapes being with UMG and the infamous fire and all of that. But I would presume/hope that the multis never left the UK?

The thought occurred to me about the tapes being with UMG and the infamous fire and all of that. But I would presume/hope that the multis never left the UK?
I believe they are safe in the UK. I think the rights may become available from UMG soon.

It is very interesting that I have stayed involved with both Howard and The Fixx, both from the early 80s at The Farmyard Studios - very special times and memories. How wonderful to still be working on all kinds of projects with them, and they are such dear friends. How wonderful - lucky me! SWTx

I believe they are safe in the UK. I think the rights may become available from UMG soon.

It is very interesting that I have stayed involved with both Howard and The Fixx, both from the early 80s at The Farmyard Studios - very special times and memories. How wonderful to still be working on all kinds of projects with them, and they are such dear friends. How wonderful - lucky me! SWTx
As a musician those early Howard Jones and The Fixx albums were HUGELY influential on me. That’s great you are still working with them. I am forever grateful for the work and art you, the boys, and of course Rupert (RIP 😕) created.

This is the great thing about these new releases and mixes for Howard - it is all about keeping the memories alive - but not just about nostalgia and living in the past. We all have new things on the go anyway, but at the same time it is so wonderful to celebrate the things that have been so important and influential in our lives that we hope to be able to share. Believe me when I say that it is not about 'cashing in' like some people assume. We are passionate about what we do. SWTx

Thank you Stephen W Tayler
I've been waiting for so long...
I have enjoyed Howard's early attempts at surround, (Remixed and Surrounded, Engage, Piano Solos) some seemed better attempts than others.
I had high hopes for the DVD collection's surround audio...
When the deluxe versions of the first two albums came out, I was hoping for a 5.1 mix.. but soon, we will get these in surround. I hope they sell well and encourage other acts. Great to see HoJo is touring the US again.

Back