Howard Jones surround mixes from Cherry Red!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having the same trouble with Amazon Au. It's in the local record shop, it's past date of release, but nothing from Amazon. I contacted their customer service last night through their chat and they gave me what felt like sympathetic pre-prepared cut-and-paste answers.

The same thing happened to me with Air's Moon Safari. Three emails about delays, two separate targeted emails suggesting I might like to buy it based on my purchasing history (!), two polite, reassuring chat exchanges with their customer service and then finally a cancellation email saying something like, 'it is no longer available'.

So I'm obviously fearing the same could happen with these two Howard Jones albums.

So, I guess my message is, don't trust those 'a delay in the shipment' emails.

After waiting for a while, I decided to chat to Amazon on 17 June about the delay. I got this response:
I've checked your order, and have found that this item has been delayed in the dispatch process.
On very rare occasions there can be technical or stock availability issues that prevent us dispatching certain products to certain addresses.

This can be due to the location of our remaining stock of the product and any special shipping requirements necessary.
I’ve now escalated this to the fulfilment centre that is dispatching your goods to help solve the problem. The carrier is working on resolving the issue as fast as possible.
In order to help you, I have alerted our fulfillment center to dispatch this item as soon as possible and rest assured that they will do the necessary

You will hear back from them within the next 24-72 hours at the latest and rest assured you will receive an email confirmation once the item is dispatched.

I didn't hear back from them but they took my payment (£23.51) a couple of days later and they delivered it on 23 June. The quick resolution wasn't expected so I'll have to contact Amazon sooner if something like this happens again in the future. I have The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (Blu-Ray Audio) on pre-order which is due to arrive on 10 September so we'll see what happens with that.

After waiting for a while, I decided to chat to Amazon on 17 June about the delay. I got this response:

I didn't hear back from them but they took my payment (£23.51) a couple of days later and they delivered it on 23 June. The quick resolution wasn't expected so I'll have to contact Amazon sooner if something like this happens again in the future. I have The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (Blu-Ray Audio) on pre-order which is due to arrive on 10 September so we'll see what happens with that.
Good ending for you. The difficulties may be more so with the oz amazon

Back