Hybrid Stereo SACDs of 801 Live and Mainstream!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmazonUS has it listed for under $39

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CXT2RTH7?tag=hraudio-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

CDJapan's hybrid SACD is only available through their PROXY SERVICE

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-204660

product image 1

Last edited:
Since I ordered a number of SACDs from CDJapan, if I ordered from Amazon plus local sales tax would be a whole six sense less than what I’m paying for from CDJapan, so not worthwhile to take time to change the order! Now I would just ordering the disc itself it will be a different story

Since I ordered a number of SACDs from CDJapan, if I ordered from Amazon plus local sales tax would be a whole six sense less than what I’m paying for from CDJapan, so not worthwhile to take time to change the order! Now I would just ordering the disc itself it will be a different story
I went ahead and placed my order with AmazonUS and was amused they removed the International s/h fee of $18.52 and are shipping the disc for free [well, via Amazon Prime]. Arrival date: June 17th

Steve, did you order the disc through CDJapan's Proxy Service ..... Besides their still exhorbitant DHL s/h fee from Japan, you must have paid a pretty price for their Proxy service as well.

Last edited:
I went ahead and placed my order with AmazonUS and was amused they removed the International s/h fee of $18.52 and are shipping the disc for free [well, via Amazon Prime]. Arrival date: June 17th

Steve, did you order the disc through CDJapan's Proxy Service ..... Besides their still exhorbitant DHL s/h fee from Japan, you must have paid a pretty price for their Proxy service as well.
Proxy service is 1200 yen I think handling fees of 300 yen. But since I ordered a bunch of other SACDs The shipping cost dropped off and it was just one shipping cost based on all of the SACDs I ordered. In the end if I canceled this disk from my CD Japan order, I would have saved about the same as what I would’ve paid if I had ordered it through Amazon..

CDJapan doesn't have it in stock but buys it from another source for you,they add a small charge for this
Usually delays your order by a few days as well.
I ordered Santana Lotus Japan sacd via Proxy as part of my latest order and even with the proxy fee it was still under 40 euros
Couldn't find it anywhere near that price elsewhere.

Quiet Sun SACD included a replica of the original vinyl inner sleeve. Should a similar replica have been included with the 801 Live SACD?

Back