Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fun fact with this: I was asked if I'd happen to have the complete 1970 Chicago concert and in better quality than what was circulating .... and I had! In this secret folder on a hard disk, "not to share and never even talk about it!!" ;-)

Funny that I was asked if I could get maybe my hands on the original reel for a new transfer, as the azimuth wasn't proper set-up for the (20 years old) transfer that I had. I could locate the tape through a 20+ years old aol e-mail address contact "[email protected]" with a quite common name. Chances that the person was still reachable through this was 1 to a zillion, but .... it worked! What a thriller! :)
Just reread, Jethro thriller. Just great!
Tull Cheers!

From Burning Shed's official Instagram page:

IGBS.jpg

It looks like this one is selling well, after all!

I was all set to buy this, and I have every one in the series so far, but then I watched the Ian Anderson 'Unboxing' video the other day. He comes across as quite dismissive of it. I have to admit, he has put me off his own product. So I've decided, at this point, to just stick to the studio issues in the series. After all, it's not like I don't have a lot of great live Tull already, courtesy of the other box sets. (Let's see if I regret my decision!)

I just ordered from importCDs, where Bursting Out is listed as in stock, and used the current HAPPY10 discount code for 10% off their price of $44.06, bringing it down to $39.65. Shipping was $2.99, so the final price was $42.64, plus tax (6% here, bringing the grand total to $45.20). The discount code is good through June 24.

This was a bit cheaper for me than their sister site DeepDiscount, which has a current 15% discount code (CLAWDIO, good through June 19) even though they have free shipping for items over $25 -- the total there would have been $43.34 plus tax.

I just ordered from importCDs, where Bursting Out is listed as in stock, and used the current HAPPY10 discount code for 10% off their price of $44.06, bringing it down to $39.65. Shipping was $2.99, so the final price was $42.64, plus tax (6% here, bringing the grand total to $45.20). The discount code is good through June 24.

This was a bit cheaper for me than their sister site DeepDiscount...
Andrew Keegan might be interested in that ImportCDs price.

If true, that would be incredibly disappointing, not to mention redundant, given all the deluxe reissues we already have covering that material. If this reissue series continues I'd much rather see the remaining studio album titles rather than compilations. Under Wraps would be an opportunity to rectify a mistake (electronic drums) and Crest would celebrate their only, but well deserved Grammy win - they beat out Metallica after all. :ROFLMAO:

I would assume, perhaps incorrectly, that a Living in the Past bookset would contain more than what was originally released in keeping with all the other sets.

If so, I’d be curious to know what extras might be included before I call it redundant... although that is the first word that came to my mind.

If only there was an insider who could tip us off to what the plan might be. ;)

Back