SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indeed it is what i knew as well; i asked because you mentioned her others albums virtually mixed in 4.0 on blu ray

i mean this part "Provided all of Joni's multi tracks survived in pristine condition which is almost a given via Warner/Reprise's superb track record, I would guesstimate her later albums will receive the ATMOS treatment [with possible 5.1/4.0 remixes]"

i mean this part "Provided all of Joni's multi tracks survived in pristine condition which is almost a given via Warner/Reprise's superb track record, I would guesstimate her later albums will receive the ATMOS treatment [with possible 5.1/4.0 remixes]"
I was just stating a fact that Warner has always been a great caretaker of their intellectual properties unlike, say, UMG which has either haphazardly stored their assets or lost them in fires. And unlike some of those early QUAD masters which were literally tossed in the garbage to make room for more current masters!

I did mention only a few tracks from her album BLUE were remixed into QUAD [but NEVER released]......until her recent ATMOS box set none of her early period ever had QUAD remixes!
Why only a few of BLUE, I wonder? But she was very spare with the instrumentation back then. The best of her early albums -- indeed, all of them up until the 5.1 orchestrated live album where her voice was giving way -- were best heard (on my system at least) in HDCD format. It's dead now on newer models, but Oppo will play them, and my old Denon blu ray. Jerry Garcia's first solo album sounds great in HDCD, in fact, there is a GD box set of all the albums in HDCD.

I'll have to compare them on my latest player, which supposedly plays everything BUT HDCD, on one that will. That's why I forewent her box sets until the Dolby Atmos box. I'm still silently mourning that we won't get a Dolby Atmos HEJIRA. . . .

I was just stating a fact that Warner has always been a great caretaker of their intellectual properties unlike, say, UMG which has either haphazardly stored their assets or lost them in fires. And unlike some of those early QUAD masters which were literally tossed in the garbage to make room for more current masters!
yes it is a shame! but i do not think they would make fresh 4.0 remixes nowadays if they don't already have vintage ones...or am i wrong?

yes it is a shame! but i do not think they would make fresh 4.0 remixes nowadays if they don't already have vintage ones...or am i wrong?
Foraging Rhino did indicate that future NEW QUADIO and ATMOS remixes will be freshly mixed from existing multitracks. A great example is Joni's two disc set MILES OF AISLES which NEVER had a previous surround remix and now we have it in ATMOS and QUAD!

Hope Springs Eternal!

Foraging Rhino did indicate that future NEW QUADIO and ATMOS remixes will be freshly mixed from existing multitracks. A great example is Joni's two disc set MILES OF AISLES which NEVER had a previous surround remix and now we have it in ATMOS and QUAD!

Hope Springs Eternal!

Isn't For the Roses the album that got a brand new quad mix by Bruce Botnick for the Quadio boxset?

Didn't the UMG fire back in 2008 destroy a lot of Joni's master tapes? Does anyone know what was lost? Is that a factor in what of Joni's stuff could be done for future surround mixes?
Surely not any of her WMG tapes. Her Geffen albums—Wild Things Run Fast, Dog Eat Dog, Chalk Mark In A Rain Storm, and Night Ride Home—as well as her last studio album, Shine (Hear Music/Concord, 2007), may have been lost.

I have yet to open my Joni Quadio Box! No, really.
So you have a surround album based Mount Rushmore?
More like TWIN PEAKS, Dunc!

Twin Peaks Wallpaper 4k

NAY! Only these two JM albums were remixed for CD~4/Q8

JONI MITCHELL -
Court & Spark. Asylum EQ-1001 (CD4), 8Q-1001 (Q8)
The Hissing of Summer Lawns. Asylum EQ-1051 (CD4), 8Q-1051 (Q8)

Just a reminder or little clarification regarding mixes in quad , in that ;
Joni had 3 albums mixed for quadraphonic back in the 70's .

All 3 mixed by Henry Lewy , so the 'unreleased quad' album was her live 2 album set "Miles Of Aisles"

And besides the unreleased quad mix,.. we get a 'newly mixed' quad album....with..."For The Roses" 2024 quad mix by Bruce Botnick.

Just thought I'd clear up any questions to the quad information provided.

Back