SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The question is what exactly was mixed in atmos at those sessions two years ago and what if anything has been done since.
Just those four Asylum titles that appear in the box set, and then the Newport live album which is only on streaming. When I visited Ken and Claus at their studio in LA this past March, they said they hadn't worked on any more Joni material since then. But maybe that will change?

I purchased this box set as soon as it was released and it arrived a few days ago. Such is the way of it in the land of OZ. Globalisation hasn't brought us any closer to the rest of the world when it comes to actual distance.

I'm looking forward to playing it over the weekend. 🥰

No, Canada customs (Canada Border Services Agency) will issue the refund. Fill in the back of the customs slip, send it along (to CBSA) with a copy of your invoice showing that the tax was paid. In two or three weeks you will receive a cheque for the full $24 extra that you paid.

Rhino should be enclosing a copy of the invoice so that CBSA can see that the tax has been paid. Somehow the package should be marked as having the tax prepaid, packages are not always opened. What is the point of Rhino collecting the tax (as they are supposed/required to do) if CBSA is unaware of that? The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!
Anyone thinking of writing Canada Customs for a refund, don't bother. Attached is the reply I got after sending them all copies required. I then wrote Rhino and got a refund right away.

Attachments

• customs2.jpg
    customs2.jpg
    959.8 KB · Views: 0
Anyone thinking of writing Canada Customs for a refund, don't bother. Attached is the reply I got after sending them all copies required. I then wrote Rhino and got a refund right away.
I just got a similar reply, earlier in the year they did send me a refund on the first Quadio bundle. I would still suggest that every one fight this, I'm resending the supporting documentation to CBSA and will continue the fight! The government can not collect the tax twice on the same item that is fraud! What they say in that letter is false IMHO.

If I don't get the refund, then I'll try Rhino but I like to fight big brother first! I now see in the letter that they are stating that I should seek relief from the taxes that I paid from Rhino. That will be my last recourse. Why would Rhino be mandated to collect Canadian taxes and then have to refund them to the purchaser? That makes no sense. Furthermore ebay through it's "Global Shipping" also collects taxes and those purchases aren't again taxed at the border! That is the point of collecting them at the source.

I've sent an email to my MP about this matter, my BIG concern is that CBSA are now saying that they are not mandated to return taxes that have they have collected even though (the same taxes) were also collected by a foreign company. That mess needs to be straightened out.

I just realised that I received the last Quadio bundle without paying extra!

Last edited:
Back