SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exact same thing here, package arrived and I was charged about the same amount $24… so Rhino will refund that amount?
I think the assumption is that since Rhino is collecting the tax that they will remit it to the government and not keep it for themselves. Therefore, the government will have the two amounts so they need to refund.

OK, I've heard all about the Joni Mitchell Quadio set, but I keep seeing references to a stand-alone Doors disc. Are you guys referring to a Doors Quadio release? I'm lost. Thanks!

Exact same thing here, package arrived and I was charged about the same amount $24… so Rhino will refund that amount?
No, Canada customs (Canada Border Services Agency) will issue the refund. Fill in the back of the customs slip, send it along (to CBSA) with a copy of your invoice showing that the tax was paid. In two or three weeks you will receive a cheque for the full $24 extra that you paid.

Rhino should be enclosing a copy of the invoice so that CBSA can see that the tax has been paid. Somehow the package should be marked as having the tax prepaid, packages are not always opened. What is the point of Rhino collecting the tax (as they are supposed/required to do) if CBSA is unaware of that? The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

No, Canada customs (Canada Border Services Agency) will issue the refund. Fill in the back of the customs slip, send it along (to CBSA) with a copy of your invoice showing that the tax was paid. In two or three weeks you will receive a cheque for the full $24 extra that you paid.

Rhino should be enclosing a copy of the invoice so that CBSA can see that the tax has been paid. Somehow the package should be marked as having the tax prepaid, packages are not always opened. What is the point of Rhino collecting the tax (as they are supposed/required to do) if CBSA is unaware of that? The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!
Thanks for the heads-up on that one !
My own duty was $26.37 here in Newfoundland - and that was after the nasty exchange paid !
One very expensive little box set !

OK, I've heard all about the Joni Mitchell Quadio set, but I keep seeing references to a stand-alone Doors disc. Are you guys referring to a Doors Quadio release? I'm lost. Thanks!

Rhino also put out 4 BDs with Atmos mixes: Best of the Doors; Fleetwood Mac; Hootie and the Blowfish and Alanis Morrissette.

My Alanis and Hootie showed up 2 weeks ago with no additional fees/taxes.
Fleetwood Mac and the Doors are at customs awaiting clearance. Should I have any additional fees/taxes added on, I will start doing my Rhino buys through Warner Canada when available.

OK, I have been patient, in fact, more patient than most. Rhino support is a freaking train wreck. I'm getting no where with support for my damaged Joni box. They keep telling me that the replacement has been delivered, and in fact, it hasn't even been shipped yet. I just don't know how to get through their thick skull what the hell is going on.

What a total cluster.

OK, I have been patient, in fact, more patient than most. Rhino support is a freaking train wreck. I'm getting no where with support for my damaged Joni box. They keep telling me that the replacement has been delivered, and in fact, it hasn't even been shipped yet. I just don't know how to get through their thick skull what the hell is going on.

What a total cluster.

Sorry for your pain. Did you ask them if at least since you've documented the problem you can open the box and enjoy the disc until your replacement arrives? I imagine the most painful part of all of this is reading all these superlatives about the box and not being able to indulge...

Alright, I don't often get super pissed, but you know. I just sent another email to Rhino support. God dammit. This isn't rocket science.
I don't blame you. It's not the damage, it's trying to make it right that gets frustrating with any corporation.
I often joke about EvilBay, but I've never had a problem with returns and having things made right.

Sorry for your pain. Did you ask them if at least since you've documented the problem you can open the box and enjoy the disc until your replacement arrives? I imagine the most painful part of all of this is reading all these superlatives about the box and not being able to indulge...
No, I was asked to return the damaged goods, which I did days ago.

Latest posts

Back