June 2024 D-V Quad SACDs (Isley Bros., Hair OST, Enoch Light, Tomita)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EUREKA! All six D~V titles arrived today in the midst of a heat wave totally unscathed! No cracks but sat in a HOT mailbox for a few hours! Now, what to play first?
Received mine yesterday. Received in perfect condition. DVs pressing of the Enoch Light is flawed. Both albums on one SACD, however they're not separated by a menu plus one of the 30s Band Hits selections comes before the the 4-Channel Dynamite selections are finished. 😡 Mish-Mosh.
EUREKA! All six D~V titles arrived today in the midst of a heat wave totally unscathed! No cracks but sat in a HOT mailbox for a few hours! Now, what to play first?

Received mine yesterday. Received in perfect condition. DVs pressing of the Enoch Light is flawed. Both albums on one SACD, however they're not separated by a menu plus one of the 30s Band Hits selections comes before the the 4-Channel Dynamite selections are finished. 😡 Mish-Mosh.
SACDs do not have menus. DVDs and Blu-rays do.

SACDs do not have menus. DVDs and Blu-rays do.
Agreed. 👍
My main point was because it was only one disc (on a format without menus) the misplacement and mix-up of the songs from the two different albums on the pressing.

So, I just popped open my Enoch Light, and I'm not finding any issues in the sequence of the songs. The first 10 songs all match by name and by actual audio for 4 channel dynamite. The remaining songs follow through correctly in order for the next title, big band hits of the 30's.

I'm wondering if you're confusing the 2nd to last song called Cherokee on 4 Channel? It sounds more like big band, but for sure, that song is correct and belongs on 4 Channel.

So, I just popped open my Enoch Light, and I'm not finding any issues in the sequence of the songs. The first 10 songs all match by name and by actual audio for 4 channel dynamite. The remaining songs follow through correctly in order for the next title, big band hits of the 30's.

I'm wondering if you're confusing the 2nd to last song called Cherokee on 4 Channel? It sounds more like big band, but for sure, that song is correct and belongs on 4 Channel.
Unwrapped my Enoch Light, and found the case cracked. Nothing new there, I’m afraid. Nothing ships without damage these days.

But the music is sock-knocking!

Tomita’s Bermuda Triangle just arrived weeks earlier than expected! Nicely packaged and in good condition too.
IMG_7740.jpeg

Back