JVC / RCA / Victor / Nivico Japan Q8 and QR releases (info/list)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering since GLOBE is a Sub-label of JVC, would you want to include it in the thread's Title?

So far it's a nice mellow Nini album with good Quad surround orchestration.

I'm still working on the CD-4 LP cover scans, but can post them here also when done, if you feel OK with it?

This pamphlet may be located on other threads, I'm not sure; but thought I'd add it here for historical purposes, in good quality scans.

I think Globe was kind of a JVC Japan vanity label (at least in the context of CD-4 releases) for western artists, or at least a couple of them anyway, Nini Rosso and Fausto Papetti.

There are a number of labels represented in these tapes so I didn't bother putting them all in, but JVC issued quad releases from a number of Western labels that they distributed, including Paramount (Billy Vaughn, Nino Rota), Motown (these are well known), AVCO (Stylistics, Louis Armstrong) and others.

That pamphlet is really interesting, if only because it gives release dates for a large number of the releases in the CD4B, CD4W and CD4K series. I've never done a dedicated discography for them - maybe if I can get my hands on more pamphlets like the one you found, it would be worth doing?

To me it seems the label Globe was used by JVC for export pressings, since the copyright on the Victor brand and logo belonged to someone else in USA/Europe. A more elegant way to avoid the stickering on the labels and covers.

Back