King Crimson in 5.1?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry. We had to sign a "Non-Disclosure agreement". When we're free to spill, well, you'll be the first to know! :D

Can't think of better people to run it through it's paces. Four fewer sales though, I hope that's not significant!

Can't think of better people to run it through it's paces. Four fewer sales though, I hope that's not significant!

Nope. I still have my pre-orders in with Burning Shed, as well as for the "big" Court of the Crimson King set. I like having the 'real' deals. (y)

I put in my order for Red last night, the first of many to come. Went though Burning Shed. Had positive experiences in the past with them, so will do so again. This is going to be great!!!

ge

Slightly OT but today I received from DGM my copy of the new Collector's Club release - the Zurich 73 2CD set...excellent sound almost all the way through and a very good performance. recommended if you enjoy the 73/74 KC stuff.

Uh-oh, BurningShed has now marked Red as "Pre-order now for October 5th release." :eek:

That isn't that far away. .... be here before you know it!

My latest batch of home brew will be just ready for enjoying with Red v5.1 ... in fact, it is a clone of Yukon Arctic RED amber ale.

:banana:

ge

:(

Burning Shed said:
We have been informed that several of the forthcoming King Crimson reissues have been affected by manufacturing issues, leading to delays.

The official release date of 'Red' has been moved back to October 5th, though Burning Shed should receive its copies on the 29th September.

The Crimson Jazz Trio's 'Volume Two' will now be released on October 12th.

The 'In The Court Of The Crimson King' box set release has been moved back to October 26th.

We apologise for any inconvenience these delays may cause.

The email I got from DGM this morning says Red is "available to ship now" but I am not going to quibble over a week or two - these are certainly worth waiting for.

Thank you all for your patience & understanding here.
The main delay was at the european end, and don't ask me about it or I will spoil my day & end up in rant mode.
Suffice it to say that the (nameless) replication plant started work 3 WEEKS late, and promptly tried to tell me the masters were bad and to submit replacements - wait for this - on DVD-R!
One mother of a row later, they admitted it was their error (the US & Japanese plants had no such trouble) and manufacturing commenced.

They are well worth the wait - trust me on this one!
Anyone who thinks they already know these albums are in for a surprise.

Excuse my stupidity. I just got off the Amazon website and the descriptions are a little vague. they list 3 DVD-A, Red, Lizard and the box set of In the Court of the Crimson King. I didn't think ITCOTCK was coming out in DVD-a for a while? Is that a misprint there or are we getting all three in October?

Back