Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A neighbor had this LP in mono, and I listened to it a LOT when I was babysitting there in the early 1960s. Eventually, he gave it to me, and recently I was able to score a stereo CD on discogs domestically at a decent price. The inside of the booklet is just about all kanji, but the music brings back a ton of groovy memories.

Fantastica by Russ Garcia

Attachments

• Fantastica.jpg
    Fantastica.jpg
    684.2 KB
A neighbor had this LP in mono, and I listened to it a LOT when I was babysitting there in the early 1960s. Eventually, he gave it to me, and recently I was able to score a stereo CD on discogs domestically at a decent price. The inside of the booklet is just about all kanji, but the music brings back a ton of groovy memories.

Fantastica by Russ Garcia
Barfle, just wanted to say "thanks" for turning me onto this. I've always had somewhat of a soft spot for exotica/lounge music, probably due to, well...the fact that I was alive when it was initially in vogue. I'd never heard of this guy but thanks to YouTube I just gave it a listen and it's good stuff! As I type this I'm listening to another outer space themed album, Frank Comstock And His Orchestra's Project: Comstock which interestingly enough is on a two-fer CD with you guessed it...the above release by Mr. Garcia and Co. Just how much outer space themed lounge music can one stand? I'm about to find out it appears.

Usually I put them right on front cover, but this digibook has a nice "mirror' efect so I decided this way. ;)
I usually only bother to save the ones from box sets or other "collectible" releases, in which case, I try to find a blank space inside the packaging to affix it.

Cocteau Twins. Heaven or Las Vegas.
This would also be amazing in Atmos.
What a voice Liz Fraser has 😍
View attachment 106324
They created some beautiful and very ethereal music. I've also thought that their music would be ideal for MCH releases. I think much of Four Calendar Cafe is mesmerizing and would be the perfect choice for such a release. I wonder if Steven Wilson is a fan of their music.:sneaky:

Back