Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a find!!
Listening now
I wonder who mixed it?

Sounding great So far...

That base line is to die for...
This album isn’t (yet) on Tidal in Atmos but “We Are Family” was released months ago as a standalone track and was “fake Atmos”. Hopefully a proper mix has been prepared.

This album isn’t (yet) on Tidal in Atmos but “We Are Family” was released months ago as a standalone track and was “fake Atmos”. Hopefully a proper mix has been prepared.
Yes, I was nervous about playing this release after that 'faking' rubbish.

To my ears, it's fine (y)

Nice and discreet. Active rears. Lots of stuff bouncing around if you like that sort of thing. (I do when it works and I think it does here). I don’t have Atmos but I would think they must be using all the speakers on this one.
Yeah, thanks man, this thread is movin' right along! Check my post #7,286.

I need to go back to this one some more (only 5.1 here.)

Yeah, thanks man, this thread is movin' right along! Check my post #7,286.

I need to go back to this one some more (only 5.1 here.)
Missed that post!

I don’t find the vocal too loud, but systems vary. I don’t think it’s her best album but there are some tracks I really like. Might grow on me more after another listen or two. And a good surround mix always helps!

I unrealistically hoped he’d say, “... and then, when Apple’s not looking, I’m going to take those mixes and ensure they get released on disc, too.” Oh well.

Might Nile have Let’s Dance high up on his to-do list for Apple Music?
Many of these above average Atmos mixes, are in our want list for a physical release.
If only the power brokers in the music industry knew the potential of this, to line their pockets!!

And back to reality 😪

Martin Garrix - We Are The People (feat. Bono & The Edge)

I know this song only because was official song of Euro 2020 soccer tournament that my team Italy won, don't like it much and it's nothing special as an atmos mix for me.

What I am more intrigued is that after U2 album 'Songs of Surrender' of few months ago we have another U2 related track in Dolby Atmos, and considered U2 in September will make a residency in Las Vegas in the new Sphere that has personalized Dolby Atmos for each listener (speaking in interviews The Edge seems to be fond of Atmos capabilities of the venue), I would not be surpised if we will get U2's back catalogue in Dolby Atmos in future.

Last edited:
Back