Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More searching found this one by Marvin Gaye
All 17 tracks in Atmos

This release is a marvel. It's all quad, including the amazing mixes from the quad versions of What's Going On and Let's Get It On (although the track What's Going On is a completely different mix, haven't heard this one before).

What's Going On was meant to be listened to in Quad and the original mix is so good it's one of my most played quad albums. I hope they go on to release those original quad mixes of the full albums.

Apple Music can be so strange sometimes -- for example, ABC's The Lexicon Of Love is *still* playing in Atmos for me (minus a couple of tracks), a good month or so after the Atmos mix stopped working for most people on this board. So, you win some, you lose some, I suppose.
Possibly because you downloaded it, rather than simply adding it to your library?

Tracks 1-10, only. Bonus tracks lossless thus no badge.

Looks like this will have to make-do until my physical disc leaves England sometime within the next millennium:

Attachments

• IMG_3501.png
    IMG_3501.png
    407.5 KB · Views: 0
This release is a marvel. It's all quad, including the amazing mixes from the quad versions of What's Going On and Let's Get It On (although the track What's Going On is a completely different mix, haven't heard this one before).
I checked out "Let's Get It On" and it's definitely a new remix, there are discrete congas and background vocals in the height speakers. "Distant Lover" has less going on up top, but all seven floor channels are going with backing vocals in the sides & strings in the rears.

I'd be surprised if any of the tracks on this comp are sourced from the quad masters.

Back