Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
American Beauty? I can see the full atmos album at https://tidal.com/album/244393191
Thanks. For some reason it doesn't show up on the app using what I thought was my "full proof" method. Usually, I can go to the band, click on any album, and then click "more albums by this artist". This is the first album that I know of, that doesn't show up using that method.
How were you able to find it?
Am I the only one that doesn't see it in the app?
I am in the US by the way.

Thanks. For some reason it doesn't show up on the app using what I thought was my "full proof" method. Usually, I can go to the band, click on any album, and then click "more albums by this artist". This is the first album that I know of, that doesn't show up using that method.
How were you able to find it?
Am I the only one that doesn't see it in the app?
I am in the US by the way.

G'day!

The only semi reliable method I have is using the search functionality. So, on the mobile app, going to the magnifying glass and hoping for the best. In this case, I found American Beauty by searching for "Grateful Dead" then clicking the albums tab - it was a fair way down (attached). Thankfully the blue atmos image stands out! I've never had much love through the artists pages.

Admittedly I found AB on Tidal Atmos several months ago. This is one heck of a thread so my apologies if noone linked it!

They (the online music providers) certainly make it difficult!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230617_193344_TIDAL.jpg
    Screenshot_20230617_193344_TIDAL.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
searching for "Grateful Dead" then clicking the albums tab
When I do that, only 20 albums show up, none are in Atmos.
If I click an album of the 20 listed, and then click "More albums by Grateful Dead" then a ton of albums show up, but only two with the Atmos tag, Workingman's Dead and Europe '72.
American Beauty used to show up on the big list in Atmos, and also on the Rock Albums list on the main Atmos page, but not any longer.

When I do that, only 20 albums show up, none are in Atmos.
If I click an album of the 20 listed, and then click "More albums by Grateful Dead" then a ton of albums show up, but only two with the Atmos tag, Workingman's Dead and Europe '72.
American Beauty used to show up on the big list in Atmos, and also on the Rock Albums list on the main Atmos page, but not any longer.
Likewise. I have Tidal on three devices (LG smart TV, Iphone 14 and Windows PC. On none of those devices will a search on a band yield ANY Atmos titles. I only started subscribing to Tidal for the Atmos titles. What am I doing wrong? Why do they make it so difficult?

Likewise. I have Tidal on three devices (LG smart TV, Iphone 14 and Windows PC. On none of those devices will a search on a band yield ANY Atmos titles. I only started subscribing to Tidal for the Atmos titles. What am I doing wrong? Why do they make it so difficult?
Of the 3 devices you mentioned, Tidal only supports Atmos playback on iPhone 14. You should be seeing Atmos tags on the iPhone app if your subscription level includes Atmos and your iPhone has the Dolby Atmos setting enabled.

You usually have to click to show all albums to see the Atmos versions whereas singles show up while browsing through the EP & Singles grouping.

For example, search The Beatles and pick any random album. Scroll down and click the View All button in the More Albums By The Beatles section and this should allow you to see the Atmos albums.

Last edited:
today have made a free trial to amazon music unlimited and imported my music library from apple music to see if i could spot some dolby atmos tracks i had not found yet on apple music or tidal. amazon catalogue in atmos seems to be way smaller, but has an extremely helpful filter in library 'tracks' called 'audio quality' that can filter only 'dolby atmos' tracks, making much easier to find them. have discovered only few enya tracks i wasn't aware of, but to my surprise the 7 tracks below (click to enlarge) are available in dolby atmos in amazon but not on apple music or tidal. very strange considering most are hits. i cannot listen to them in atmos as amazon app does not support atmos in the devices i have (windows, tvos and webos), so have no idea how the mixes are.

Back