Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished John Mellencamp-Orpheus Descending in Apple Atmos.
Absolutely loved it. Music and lyrics where fantastic. Dolby Atmos just blew my mind how great and cohesive it was.
Can't wait to listen again.
On your recommendation I'm playing it now.

Certainly a professional job done on the mix 👍

Oh yeah, the cricket scoreboard shows us having scored 254 runs for the loss of 5 wickets.

On your recommendation I'm playing it now.

Certainly a professional job done on the mix 👍
Great, good to hear.
I am only on Tracks 1&2 of Pat Metheny, music aside, kind of early morning or late evening type music, the Atmos is a 4.1 bed and the heights tend to only mirror the bottom rears. Not very impressive from an Atmos point of view compared to Mellencamp, but I'm groovin'.

Sugar Ros-ATTA, another melancholy type of music with vocals. I had to let go of Pat Metheny, but at least Sugar Ros has a 5.1 bed and full use of heights.
Still Mellencamp resides in first place.
I saw Sigur Ros, who had a slot before Stevie Wonder at the IOW Bestival in 2012

They were dreadful.
They apologised afterwards for a lacklustre show.

Never paid any attention to them since, so this new release will see where they now are.

OK, two in a row melancholy music, got to move on.

Ahh, much better, Gentle Giant-in'terview, actually super way better.
Typical SW remix, big Atmos sound, full use of heights, great 5.1 bed with his signature center channel reserved for vocals.
Discrete.
We are almost in unison, playing GG now.
SW knows how to mix Atmos!!

Attachments

• 16869403797335312093700314185770.jpg
    16869403797335312093700314185770.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back