Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of the 3 devices you mentioned, Tidal only supports Atmos playback on iPhone 14. You should be seeing Atmos tags on the iPhone app if your subscription level includes Atmos and your iPhone has the Dolby Atmos setting enabled.

You usually have to click to show all albums to see the Atmos versions whereas singles show up while browsing through the EP & Singles grouping.

For example, search The Beatles and pick any random album. Scroll down and click the View All button in the More Albums By The Beatles section and this should allow you to see the Atmos albums.
Thanks for your help. The LG app does support Atmos (that's what I use on my surround system to listen to MCH Atmos), but it is a crappy app as it has no explore function, just search. I just tried the View All Album approach on phone and that does appear to work. Thanks!!!!! But again why do they make it so hard?

Thanks for your help. The LG app does support Atmos (that's what I use on my surround system to listen to MCH Atmos), but it is a crappy app as it has no explore function, just search. I just tried the View All Album approach on phone and that does appear to work. Thanks!!!!! But again why do they make it so hard?
While the LG and even Windows 10/11 support Atmos, if the Tidal app isn’t designed to permit Atmos streaming through “unsupported” devices, then you will not see any Atmos tags or get Atmos playback on these devices.

today have made a free trial to amazon music unlimited and imported my music library from apple music to see if i could spot some dolby atmos tracks i had not found yet on apple music or tidal. amazon catalogue in atmos seems to be way smaller, but has an extremely helpful filter in library 'tracks' called 'audio quality' that can filter only 'dolby atmos' tracks, making much easier to find them. have discovered only few enya tracks i wasn't aware of, but to my surprise the 7 tracks below (click to enlarge) are available in dolby atmos in amazon but not on apple music or tidal. very strange considering most are hits. i cannot listen to them in atmos as amazon app does not support atmos in the devices i have (windows, tvos and webos), so have no idea how the mixes are.

Several of those used to be on Tidal and AM but seemed to disappear after many suspected them of being upmixes. Not sure if any returned or not but there are much better Atmos mixes out there, despite a bunch of those tracks being some of my favorites.

Listening to these now Adam, in reverse order
This one is very well mixed and certainly pushes a few musical boundaries, which I like 👍
Eager to hear that Donny McCaslin album; I think it's the first Atmos mix for Edition (a small, London-based indie contemporary jazz label)? Donny was a monster post-bop saxophonist in the Michael Brecker>Chris Potter tradition--he's won 3 Grammys for best improvised jazz solo--before he and his band got tapped to play on Bowie's Blackstar. That experience profoundly changed him, and his music has gone in very different directions since then.

Eager to hear that Donny McCaslin album; I think it's the first Atmos mix for Edition (a small, London-based indie contemporary jazz label)? Donny was a monster post-bop saxophonist in the Michael Brecker>Chris Potter tradition--he's won 3 Grammys for best improvised jazz solo--before he and his band got tapped to play on Bowie's Blackstar. That experience profoundly changed him, and his music has gone in very different directions since then.
You won't be disappointed, hump.
It's been added to my, better than average, Atmos playlist.

dolby atmos mix of latest peter gabriel single 'road to joy'. any news on release date for 'i/o' album?

Last I heard there’s no date yet… but he has confirmed he has way more tracks than are on the album and will keep doing this moon cycle thing for a while. No clue if that means no album til all the tracks are out, or if the album will come out in the middle of all that

it's an unusual album with an active and equally diverse Surround mix! cool stuff's happening all over the shop the whole time! 😍

the Benjamin Jephta is very Surroundily cool as well 😋✌️

A Very Happy Father's Day to all on QQ and your families 👪

View attachment 92833
My Daughter and our Grandson George
This just makes my heart ❤️ fill with so much happiness 😊.
Surrounded with Love ❤️
For all the joy I get from surround music, nothing tops the sound of a child laughing like that. Have a great Father’s Day @beerking.

i was going through alphaville catalogue and found the whole 'forever young' album is in atmos, i thought only one track was. must have missed the release.

Am I the only one going batshit about this?! This is an absolutely massive discovery in my book. A quintessential 80s album! Wow!!

Listening on my living room 5.1 system right now and 2 tracks in, sadly, it feels like this could have been done better. I'll reserve final judgement until I've had a chance to listen 2-3 times in peace on both my systems and, most importantly, without a babbling kid running in circles around me :-D

For all the joy I get from surround music, nothing tops the sound of a child laughing like that. Have a great Father’s Day @beerking.
Yes, I was hesitant about sharing it at first but hoped the utter joy it gave my family would be appreciated by fellow QQ'rs.
I also understand that not all QQ members are fathers or have children of their own.

They are with us right now with Michelle's partner Ross. George is busy eating his tea.
So happy it brings joy to others. 🥰

Cheers 🍻
Mike

Yes, I was hesitant about sharing it at first but hoped the utter joy it gave my family would be appreciated by fellow QQ'rs.
I also understand that not all QQ members are fathers or have children of their own.

They are with us right now with Michelle's partner Ross. George is busy eating his tea.
So happy it brings joy to others. 🥰

Cheers 🍻
Mike
Enjoy! This is a beautiful thing to share and I hope you'll continue to have an awesome time :)

Am I the only one going batshit about this?! This is an absolutely massive discovery in my book. A quintessential 80s album! Wow!!

Listening on my living room 5.1 system right now and 2 tracks in, sadly, it feels like this could have been done better. I'll reserve final judgement until I've had a chance to listen 2-3 times in peace on both my systems and, most importantly, without a babbling kid running in circles around me :-D
Quick follow-up: yeah, don't bother. I don't know why they did. It's stereo with an echo.

Back