Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likewise. I have Tidal on three devices (LG smart TV, Iphone 14 and Windows PC. On none of those devices will a search on a band yield ANY Atmos titles. I only started subscribing to Tidal for the Atmos titles. What am I doing wrong? Why do they make it so difficult?
I have the same issue. SOMETIMES I get Atmos titles on artist searches but usually I have to search for the specific album.

I've been listening to this album since early April, thanks to this thread. I love it and its Atmos mix, especially now that I've fully calibrated my setup with the Spatial Audio Calibration Toolkit. I reviewed it on AVS Forum, and it's transported my immersive experience by 50% at least. Mostly through delay tweaks using speaker pair test tones, etc. Super high value to me......Anyway, this album is stellar. Does anyone know who did the Atmos mix? And if so, has he/she done any others?
Thx

I've been listening to this album since early April, thanks to this thread. I love it and its Atmos mix, especially now that I've fully calibrated my setup with the Spatial Audio Calibration Toolkit. I reviewed it on AVS Forum, and it's transported my immersive experience by 50% at least. Mostly through delay tweaks using speaker pair test tones, etc. Super high value to me......Anyway, this album is stellar. Does anyone know who did the Atmos mix? And if so, has he/she done any others?
Thx
The producer, Mike Lindsay, is also a mixing engineer, but I don't know whether his studio (MESS) is Atmos-equipped.

Went down the surround sound demo rabbit hole and returned with a treasure trove;:

https://music.apple.com/au/album/dunerunner-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-ep/1631636748

Dolby Atmos Ray Tracing (Original Demo Soundtrack) [7.1.4] - Single by Jennifer Athena Galatis

Cinema 7.1.2 Atmos Demo (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Single by Jennifer Athena Galatis

With many more from Jennifer Athena Galatis that I am yet to listen to.

Also listened to this which I initially thought was a tad corny at its start, but has its meritorious moments:

The Living Mandalas (Dolby Atmos Mix) - Single by Der Träumer

Last edited:
Likewise. I have Tidal on three devices (LG smart TV, Iphone 14 and Windows PC. On none of those devices will a search on a band yield ANY Atmos titles. I only started subscribing to Tidal for the Atmos titles. What am I doing wrong? Why do they make it so difficult?

I have the same issue. SOMETIMES I get Atmos titles on artist searches but usually I have to search for the specific album.

Actually, for me the best information source for looking Atmos titles in Tidal is this current QQ thread. :)

This thread shows mainly Apple Music albums, but many of them are also in Tidal. Sometimes, someone gives the Tidal link.

This is the source for the search in my Android Tidal App search, that shows Atmos logo when the Dolby immersive mix exists.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to thank you to all of you in this Thread :bowing:

Last edited:
Actually, for me the best information source for looking Atmos titles in Tidal is this current QQ thread. :)

This thread shows mainly Apple Music albums, but many of them are also in Tidal. Sometimes, someone gives the Tidal link.

This is the source for the search in my Android Tidal App search, that shows Atmos logo when the Dolby immersive mix exists.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to thank you to all of you in this Thread :bowing:
I do the same. If there’s a new release I’m interested in I search it on Tidal and see if they have it. Without this thread I’d be lost.

I don’t know how they expect Atmos mixes to become popular if people can’t find them.

Pretty good mix. Quite a bit different from the other songs on the album.
His daughter Violet adds A LOT with her vocals.
Edit... now it's all out.
Foo Fighters just keep putting out interesting stuff. I could do without some of the s creamier stuff, but Grohl is a great songwriter and his band does a great job with interpreting the songs

Last edited:
I could do without some of the screamier stuff, but Grohl is a great songwriter and his band does a great job with the.
Completely agree, Dave has such a great clean tone. The acoustic side of In Your Honor might be my favorite thing they've put out to date.

I do the same. If there’s a new release I’m interested in I search it on Tidal and see if they have it. Without this thread I’d be lost.

I don’t know how they expect Atmos mixes to become popular if people can’t find them.

They make it damn near impossible to find Atmos mixes on Apple also. Took me 4 days to finally find the Atmos mix of Peter Gabriel s recent single! Without this thread I'd be sooo lost!
I do have so many newer Artists music saved in my library many I'd Never heard of. Still im musically stuck in the 60s-90s.
Really like recent Grateful Dead Workingmans Dead

Big THANK U GUYS for this thread!!!

Went down the surround sound demo rabbit hole and returned with a treasure trove;:

https://music.apple.com/au/album/dunerunner-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-ep/1631636748

Dolby Atmos Ray Tracing (Original Demo Soundtrack) [7.1.4] - Single by Jennifer Athena Galatis

Cinema 7.1.2 Atmos Demo (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Single by Jennifer Athena Galatis

With many more from Jennifer Athena Galatis that I am yet to listen to.

Also listened to this which I initially thought was a tad corny at its start, but has its meritorious moments:

The Living Mandalas (Dolby Atmos Mix) - Single by Der Träumer
Shocked I've never heard of this person:

Mini Bio​

• Jennifer Athena Galatis, a Juno nominated composer who was born in Montreal, moved to Greece at the age of 7 where she took her first piano lessons.

In Greece, she studied classical music at Athens National Conservatory with professor Gerassimos Kakalis, Chalari and composition with Yannis Kastrinos.

She attended and completed her Master's Degree as a pianist at Juilliard school in New York City with professor Oxana Yablonskaya.

After Juillard, she studied privately with professor Claude Savard at the University of Montreal, and, Charles Reiner and Eva Czarnay at Mcgill University.

Presently she composes a lot for the film industry. She has composed numerous soundtracks and music for films.

Ms Jennifer Galatis is also an associated professor of the Royal Conservatory of Music.

Beating a dead horse again...but jeeeeezzz. I haven't heard of 99% of stuff everyone posts. I just cannot get into this....I want music I know and love. In ATMOS!
Gene, just take some time and sample some of it, there could be some great stuff you're missing otherwise. I do that as I have time, but I don't spend a lot of time digging too deeply; if a few songs (within say 30 sec.) don't hit me, then I just move on- time is the enemy!

Back