Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This mix is nuts, but not in a good way. The channels switch so fast and randomly that the AI mix engineer must have been on speed or something. Quite a challenge - how many songs can you last?
Edit: Actually, it's sudenly all good starting with track #7.

Last edited:
Not in Atmos (YET. It will when it releases this Friday) but the Deluxe reissue of Stop Making Sense is up, with the version of Cities from that tour (and the first run VHS of the film) up as a preview for full release this Friday.
Cities is now in Atmos, and I can only listen in 5.1, but the rears are pretty much nothing but ambience and faint repros of percussion and backing vocals from the fronts. So, if anyone was hoping for something more aggressive on par with the surround mixes of the band's studio albums... don't.

Cities is now in Atmos, and I can only listen in 5.1, but the rears are pretty much nothing but ambience and faint repros of percussion and backing vocals from the fronts. So, if anyone was hoping for something more aggressive on par with the surround mixes of the band's studio albums... don't.
Aw man…

Hm. Maybe for the physical release they'll follow the example of the Second Sight 5.1 Blu-Ray and offer both a "feature" and a "studio" mix. (Even the studio mix is mostly ambient-rears, but it has more clarity and definition than the feature mix, IMO.)

Back