Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm traveling, so I only have my macbook. I'm also producing some music in Logic Pro and checked the difference between stereo, dolby render, and "built in speakers" and they do a good job with the built-in speakers on MacBook. I feel this is why we have an Apple Renderer rather than a Dolby Renderer, Apple have extended the use cases well beyond what Dolby thought. It seems Dolby is catching up with soundbars and Sonos...

This is a good album.

I'm traveling, so I only have my macbook. I'm also producing some music in Logic Pro and checked the difference between stereo, dolby render, and "built in speakers" and they do a good job with the built-in speakers on MacBook. I feel this is why we have an Apple Renderer rather than a Dolby Renderer, Apple have extended the use cases well beyond what Dolby thought. It seems Dolby is catching up with soundbars and Sonos...

This is a good album.
for what it's worth, that's the old 5.1 SACD mix of "Time Out" streaming in Dolby Audio form, it's not a new Atmos mix, unfortunately.

Forthcoming album which by my listening to the first two available tracks has real potential to be a crowd pleaser:

Think modern day Chic…
The cover looks like they used AI Image Creator off Bing.

How's the mix on this?
Active & well balanced, I thought. At first it fools you into thinking it's "big 5.1" (with fronts and surrounds copied and lifted at lower volume into the front and rear heights, respectively). But then you get the odd vocal interjection isolated in one of the overheads.

Active & well balanced, I thought. At first it fools you into thinking it's "big 5.1" (with fronts and surrounds copied and lifted at lower volume into the front and rear heights, respectively). But then you get the odd vocal interjection isolated in one of the overheads.
Thanks.

Back