Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, @channelar (and any others on Aussie time) you gotta tell us if there is now, in existence, an immersive Atmos version of Hey Bulldog!! :SB

And when does this release in US, at midnight at each time zone, or midnight Eastern period?

OK, @channelar (and any others on Aussie time) you gotta tell us if there is now, in existence, an immersive Atmos version of Hey Bulldog!! :SB

And when does this release in US, at midnight at each time zone, or midnight Eastern period?
Midnight Eastern (which is 11 pm Central, 10 PM Mountain, 9 PM Pacific) is generally when Apple Music updates, though it’s worth noting it’s not instantaneous, it’s kind of a “smeared” update, where it rolls out over the course of 30 minutes or so. I’ve rolled up to pages for albums at the moment of release to find them not out… but see music popping up in the “New Releases” section of Browse

Ah! I’m a little busy (ha, ha)…. ( only up to ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’) … but ok! ‘ On a quick listen, ‘Bulldog‘ sounds pretty immersive on Airpod Pros… but it may sound very different on my main system which I won’t have access to till late this afternoon by which time it should be up in the US, so don’t take it as gospel. I‘m playing to Airpods from Apple TV, which seems to give a fuller sound. In general, the early stuff sounds pretty remarkable so far, considering I don’t think I’ve ever even heard proper balanced stereo versions of some of them before.

Waking up on (a wet) Sydney morning, lifting my head and still yawning… All present and accounted for…

As far as I can tell so far.. ‘A Day In The Life’ and ‘ Dear Prudence’ have the clean intros.

Sounds good on Airpods will have to wait for the neighbourhood to wake to really give them a test drive…
This would be amazing. I’ve wanted a clean Prudence since I discovered the song on the original CD. It was a disappointing omission on the White Album SDE. I knew the LP would probably be clean since it’s on a different record but assumed here and on CD it’d be the crossfade. So, if accurate, this means we get that AND a fresh ATMOS. It doesn’t get any better than that (mutters about no Blu-ray).

This would be amazing. I’ve wanted a clean Prudence since I discovered the song on the original CD. It was a disappointing omission on the White Album SDE. I knew the LP would probably be clean since it’s on a different record but assumed here and on CD it’d be the crossfade. So, if accurate, this means we get that AND a fresh ATMOS. It doesn’t get any better than that (mutters about no Blu-ray).

Listening in stereo. Confirming no crossfade, two separate songs.

Only starting with the first album, the clarity of these is a bit shocking. Also, it should be credited to Paul McCartney and the Beatles, the bass moved way to the front. Lots of other details. I think maybe too much reverb added in some places, not sure need to listen more and compare.

The early years is my favourite period so this is what I've been waiting for. I really hope the atmos mix is similarly interesting.

Just gave a quick listen on my smaller 5.1 system. ‘Prudence’ starts clean after USSR as does ‘A Day In The Life’. I think ‘Prudence‘ has a shorter harder start than the soft build up on the White Album. ‘Bulldog’ didn’t sound nearly as surroundy as it did on AirPods, so the Jury is out till later on. Sounds Revolverish.

At a first glance I have to say that the songs from the White Album, finally streaming in surround, sound pretty amazing.

At a first glance I have to say that the songs from the White Album, finally streaming in surround, sound pretty amazing.
I wish they would release the "LOVE" album in Atmos. I somehow always enjoy that one very much. That gorgeous version of While my guitar gently weeps gets me every time.

I am completely blown away by the Atmos Mixes on the R&B Albums! I feel like the Atmos mixes have taken us from what we have always heard as a black and white movie to now in color!! I have heard these early songs for 40 years and I am hearing things on the surrounds and height speakers and in the overall mixes that I have never heard before! There are just so many standout tracks on these! Bravo Giles Martin and team!! Of course it is also just incredible to finally have some of the White Album tracks in Atmos - the jet circling in and over your head at the entrance and end of BITUSSR is epic!! I simply cannot wait now for all of the early albums and The White Album to get the royal Atmos treatment!! Awesome release!!! This release has indeed met the challenge of making great music even greater!

I am completely blown away by the Atmos Mixes on the R&B Albums! I feel like the Atmos mixes have taken us from what we have always heard as a black and white movie to now in color!! I have heard these early songs for 40 years and I am hearing things on the surrounds and height speakers and in the overall mixes that I have never heard before! There are just so many standout tracks on these! Bravo Giles Martin and team!! Of course it is also just incredible to finally have some of the White Album tracks in Atmos - the jet circling in and over your head at the entrance and end of BITUSSR is epic!! I simply cannot wait now for all of the early albums and The White Album to get the royal Atmos treatment!! Awesome release!!! This release has indeed met the challenge of making great music even greater!
Even the early stuff, like "And I Love Her" and "I Feel Fine" are revelatory, and nicely mixed. Ringo's work on IFF is so clear and solid, it's really quite something. Feels like Christmas in November. :)

Back