Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long does it take for the other mix to be released?
I cant wait to listen to this album with 0 preconceptions.
the i/o album is going to be released on december 1st, but the last song will be released on november 27th with the next full moon, although in stereo.
so far dolby atmos mixes have always been released two weeks after stereo version, but i hope will get the atmos mix on apple music on december 1st too. the audio blu-ray is released one week later so not sure.

the i/o album is going to be released on december 1st, but the last song will be released on november 27th with the next full moon, although in stereo.
so far dolby atmos mixes have always been released two weeks after stereo version, but i hope will get the atmos mix on apple music on december 1st too. the audio blu-ray is released one week later so not sure.
My bad, I thought that the last track was going to be released yesterday

The Blu-ray is also scheduled to be released on Dec. 1, as part of a 3-disc package: 2 CDs containing the Bright-Side and Dark-Side stereo mixes, and a Blu-ray with the In-Side mix, all for under $25 in the U.S. I'm guessing the In-Side (Atmos) mix of the final song, Live And Let Live, will not appear on Apple Music until Dec. 12, which is the new moon, but maybe they'll surprise us and put it out on Dec. 1 since the discs will be released then.

By the way, I saw the I/O tour show in Denver last month, where Live And Let Live was performed, and it's a great song, one of the best from this album... or so I thought in the moment of hearing it for the first time, in the excitement of the concert experience.

Frustrating news on RATM only being on Tidal in 360, also how on Earth is "Not Enough Time" not on the INXS Greatest Hits compilation? I remember that one getting lots of airplay both on alternative radio and mainstream pop/rock stations when it was a single. Would really enjoy hearing a surround mix of that one along with its nice deep bassline.

To come back on this post, I found out (or rather: rediscovered what I already knew once) that there’s a DVD-audio with a 5.1 mix of LOVE. Seems to be very highly rated on here, and I managed to order a new CD/DVD combi at a reasonable(ish) €30. That, in turn, led to a long overdue update to a new BR player that plays 4k, DVD-A and SACD (Sony UBP-X800M2). And some more long overdue purchases (Dire Straits Brothers in Arms SACD, Toto IV SACD, Billy Joel Stranger SACD). All being delivered in the next week! Only thing is, though: how to get this past my wife without her noticing?
[sorry to go off topic BTW]
So far, so good. Player got delivered when she had already gone to bed. I installed it and hid the packaging. She didn’t notice a thing this morning 🤪

I only gave Mammoth WVH’s first album a listen because I was curious what Eddie Van Halen’s son would come up with on his own. And I loved it.

Finally giving the second album a listen now and didn’t realize (or remember) that it’s in Atmos.

Mix any good?

Is Bob Marley Legend only 11 tracks on AM like it is on Tidal?

Mix any good?
If one is looking for lots of discrete stuff in surround I didn’t think it was anything to write home about overall although it had some moments.

But simply as a hard rock album in Atmos to get the blood flowing I thought it sounded great. And song-wise this album is another winner like the first.

I can tell I shouldn’t have bypassed my subs setup when I was rushing to reset the system after adding the two heights last weekend. There were some earth-shaking moments that grabbed my attention.

16 tracks
Does anyone know if the Marley mixes are different on Legend than their original album releases? My guess is they would be, but I am curious to know for sure. All the Marley Atmos mixes sound great to me.

Back