Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atmos today!! GOOSE BUMPS, this is incredible. So far a tour de force remix of The Yes Album
This is weird! The Yes Album won’t show on my Mac, making playlist management difficult. If I update my main playlist on my Mac, it deletes the Yes Album tracks on my other devices.

Last edited:
The drumless version of Random Access Memory is such a revelation! It sounds like a completely new album, a fresh way of listening to these tracks. The Atmos mix is great. My favourite mixes are Giorgio by Moroder and Lose Yourself to Dance. A must listen!
Agreed, this is just as good as the drums version, both are 10/10 Atmos mixes, some of the best ever.

Muse - Absolution

apparently there may be a problem with this one? 😬

tbh i was quite enjoying it but then after a little while i was getting vocals phasing and moving about all over the place on at least one track.. and on a couple of other songs things like cymbals were tizzing and/or
breaking up/distorting, it was weird and quite unpleasant on the auditory devices on either side of the brainbox unfortunately👂😫👂

I don’t believe so actually. Can’t prove it though. Certainly felt like a different immersive experience to me, not just no drums.
the bass guitar seemed to have been brought forward and so appeared to be more prominent in the mix and it felt like there was a greater emphasis on synths/keyboards etc.

The new Kurt Vile looks horrendous. I can't listen until later today, but the waveforms look awful. Has anyone listened to this? Hopefully the album is as good as his last at least.

This may just be a teaser if it doesn't eventually show up with the main album in Atmos, but:
The preview of The Yes Album (Super Deluxe Edition) is now appearing, at least in the U.S., with only a bonus track available, an early version of I've Seen All Good People in stereo:
Wow, the ATMOS mix is just fantastic on this material. The ambition of the music of this band just couldn’t be fulfilled in just stereo. Wow again

I really enjoyed the 20 minutes of this pre-release.

Tracks 10 and 11 in particular have extensive usage of the ceiling speakers- so you can put away your ladders- as checking whether it’s true Atmos is not required.

Tunes I reckon @beerking would enjoy as it’s duff- duff-erific.
Ooh you mean I can enjoy the sensation without getting off me a..e.... :D

Back