Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manic Street Preachers posted this in their Instagram page. I know the Manics has done remix of Steven Wilson song from Harmony Codex "Economies of Scale", and then Wilson will return the favour he said.
Hope Wilson will remix Manics album in Dolby Atmos! Can't wait for this Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_20231121_084116.jpg
    IMG_20231121_084116.jpg
    587.7 KB
I didn't see it on Tidal sadly.
There is a placeholder listing for The Yes Album on Tidal. It's the Super Deluxe Edition in Max stereo. Tracks are labelled 2023 remaster. Four volumes. As of now "Record Label does not permit streaming of this track" on all but one. The one track available is from Volume 3, Your Move/All Good People (early take). Nothing on the Atmos.

Hi.

for some reason track 4 - Blue Highway isn’t Dolby Atmos on Apple Music. Anyone else experiencing this?

(typically, its my favorite track!)
On my iPhone it says Dolby Atmos for track 4. Is it possible that you already have that track in your library (given that it's your favourite)? Apple Music may prefer that one then and therefor play the 'old' version from your library rather than the new Atmos version.

On my iPhone it says Dolby Atmos for track 4. Is it possible that you already have that track in your library (given that it's your favourite)? Apple Music may prefer that one then and therefor play the 'old' version from your library rather than the new Atmos version.
Ah! Fantastic.
That’s exactly what it was.
Strange that Apple do that.

Thank you

Ah! Fantastic.
That’s exactly what it was.
Strange that Apple do that.

Thank you
Having listened to a good amount of the album, I’m hearing everything coming out the front speakers and surrounds and not much else. No separation. Could this be a fake surround?

That's great to hear. Wilco are one of my all-time favorite bands, and it's fabulous that they've found the wherewithal (and the interest) to move into Atmos--and to do it right.

Can anyone on Tidal supply the name of the Atmos mixing engineer?
I've done a couple little vinyl projects for team Wilco. I reached out to Spencer Tweedy and asked who mixed - he said Tom Schick did the mix in New York. I really, really like the mix myownself

I've done a couple little vinyl projects for team Wilco. I reached out to Spencer Tweedy and asked who mixed - he said Tom Schick did the mix in New York. I really, really like the mix myownself
Nice! Thanks for that confirmation. (Now if WilcoWorld could be persuaded to do a Blu-Ray or an mkv download...!)

Having listened to a good amount of the album, I’m hearing everything coming out the front speakers and surrounds and not much else. No separation. Could this be a fake surround?
Yeah, I listened (Billy Idol - Rebel Yell) last night and was disappointed. It's a pretty nice sounding but very front-centric mix with some brief moments of surround fun here and there.

Back