Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very much doubt any new stereo mix will sound less dynamically crushed and fatiguing......
Mix down, not mix. As with Dark Matter from Pearl Jam, the stereo mix on every medium is lifeless and crushed…mix down the Atmos from the Blu-ray and you get a wonderfully dynamic, lossless, homemade (well, AudioMuxer) stereo mix down.

Listening now.
Who didn't mix this properly?
To my ears it's a lazy mix with nearly everything repeated to some degree in my 7.1.4 set up.
Grrr
Another wasted opportunity.
I thought you are all exaggerating, but then I heard it...I actually stopped a track because my ears were hurting from how bad the mix is. I confess, Oasis was never a favorite of mine, but my god, this mix is just awful.

I thought you are all exaggerating, but then I heard it...I actually stopped a track because my ears were hurting from how bad the mix is. I confess, Oasis was never a favorite of mine, but my god, this mix is just awful.
It's almost like it's been rushed out to capitalise on their recent tour announcement.
I like some of their songs but I'm not a fan of the two brothers.
Maybe it's because they support Manchester City!! 😀

Laurie Anderson's new album Amelia is also completed:
https://tidal.com/album/370712601?u

Damien Quintard has done mixes for stereo and atmos.

The mix turns out to be more adventurous than I was expecting from the preview tracks. And the album is cool. As Jon Pareles described it in yesterday's Times (gift version): "an uncontainable hybrid . . . [that] unfolds as something between a song cycle, an oratorio and a vintage radio drama."

Hey, @ForagingRhino: how 'bout getting this on Blu-Ray? (They could include the Atmos version of the "O Superman" remix that came out a couple of years ago. "Here come the planes"!)

You should be hearing a lot of discrete stuff in Wildflowers - background vocals from behind in "You Don't Know How It Feels", orchestra and keys from above in "It's Good To Be King", guitar solo from above in "Don't Fade On Me", etc. Are you sure everything's configured correctly?
Yes, Wildflowers is amazing on Tidal. Listening to it right now, and loving it.

Back