Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fascinating. So those sliders move up and down in real time so you can see the sound levels for each channel ?
Sadly Mac only by the look of it.
yes it's jolly nifty, you can monitor what is going on in each channel by isolating each and any one of the 12 channels in a 7.1.4 setup as well.

it's all thanks to QQ maestro @sjcorne who showed me how to do it and now i couldn't be without it 🙏😻

Last edited:
One of my favorite contemporary jazz perfomers/composers, Ryan Keberle. He leads a number of projects (and was a co-winner of "Best Trombonist" in this year's DownBeat Critics poll; also a key member of the Maria Schneider Orchestra), but this is the latest release from his signature band. His first foray into Atmos--the mix (by Alex Venguer) could be more adventurous, but it's pretty good:

Last edited:
Blue Note so unlikely to be very Surround-y, if at all but musically and sonically i'm sure will be worthwhile exploring ✌️😋
Yep. Sort of a disappointment--mix-wise, not music-wise--since the instrumentation of Parks's band incorporates more electric & electronic sounds than your average jazz quartet. (Was sort of hoping that he might have a little more leeway to depart from Blue Note's house style, as Robert Glasper did.) Totally worth a listen, though!

Screenshot_20241018-045255_Chrome.jpeg

EYOLF DALE
The Space Between Two Notes

"Crossover Jazz," Piano Jazz Trio with the Norwegian Radio Orchestra

Recorded live in concert by Terje Hellem and Øystein Halvorsen at NRK Store Studio 2nd of June 2023
Mixed by August Wanngren at Virkeligheden, Copenhagen 5th-10th of April 2024
Mastered by Sofia von Hage and Thomas Eberger at Stockholm Mastering, 15th of April 2024

The Space Between Two Notes explores a mesmerising blend of jazz and classical music, harmoniously integrating the intimate dynamics of a trio with the grandeur of an orchestra. The album is an exploration of musical intervals—the nuanced spaces between notes—which shape the auditory landscapes of Dale’s compositions. This approach sets it apart from traditional jazz tropes, which often emphasize vertical structures, like chords and melodies. Dale, however, crafts his music horizontally, focusing on the relationships and distances between sounds.

EYOLF DALE
The Space Between Two Notes

"Crossover Jazz," Piano Jazz Trio with the Norwegian Radio Orchestra

Recorded live in concert by Terje Hellem and Øystein Halvorsen at NRK Store Studio 2nd of June 2023
Mixed by August Wanngren at Virkeligheden, Copenhagen 5th-10th of April 2024
Mastered by Sofia von Hage and Thomas Eberger at Stockholm Mastering, 15th of April 2024

The Space Between Two Notes explores a mesmerising blend of jazz and classical music, harmoniously integrating the intimate dynamics of a trio with the grandeur of an orchestra. The album is an exploration of musical intervals—the nuanced spaces between notes—which shape the auditory landscapes of Dale’s compositions. This approach sets it apart from traditional jazz tropes, which often emphasize vertical structures, like chords and melodies. Dale, however, crafts his music horizontally, focusing on the relationships and distances between sounds.

That sounds interesting. I'll search it out tonight...

Couple notable new releases for today:
Indie/electronic genius Kelly Lee Owens has a new album out, her first in Atmos

Indie Folk legend Bon Iver has a new EP out, his first major project since 2019

Rising electronic superstar LP Giobbi’s new album is out in full:

And Hamilton composer/writer/star Lin-Manuel Miranda (and a whole host of stars, including Lauryn Hill) has a concept album inspired by The Warriors (the cult film/novel)

Back