Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canada-based UK & German Dance Duo M-22's very Atmos-sy single from 2021 "Need You There"

Meduza & Goodboys 2019 Dance single "Piece Of Your Heart" πŸ’˜

Topic & A7S collab on this suitably space-y Dance-y 2024 single with a World Music flavour, "Out Of My Head"

Topic & Oliver Cronin Club Banger "1,2,3" from 2023

next up is a selection of quite different tracks that while they all make solid enough use of Surround in a more conventional 5.1 sense, i thought they each quite well illustrated how different engineers use the Heights and how the bandwidth limited streaming quality affects that as well in some instances.

Country singer Morgan Wallen's new single "Love Somebody" has what i feel is a very good mix, with well balanced use of Atmos; synths, percussion, vocal reinforcement, slide guitar and accents are all emanating from up above and at the track's crescendo the Heights are mixed with greater fullness which is cool.

JORDY's new single has little going on in the Heights, some percussion/shaker at one point and rather tinny vocal refrains. it is hard to know if the vocals are intentionally pinched or as a result of digital compression (due to the limitations of streaming Atmos, not DRC) but either way it's kinda underwhelming use of the technology.

John Duff's "Be Your Girl" just has muted reverb of the entire mix in the Heights (to my mind rather pointless use of Atmos but the track's Surround-y enough otherwise πŸ˜… )

The Scarlet Opera 2024 single "Someone's Gotta Love 'Em" makes good use of the Heights with effects, rhythm guitar, vocals, piano, keys and the usage of Atmos and Surround suits the layered nature of the track itself ✌️🀩

and Mary J Blige's new track "Breathing" from her forthcoming album "Gratitude" only uses the Heights very sparingly on a couple of occasions for some Harp-plucking! πŸ‘€ glistening? kinda.. but a glistening use of Atmos' opportunities to me it is not! 😳🀣

2 new singles from UK Pop/R&B writer/performer Jay Sean

a beautiful set of mixes from Canadian R&B/Soul Artist Rhyan Douglas including their 2024 EP "Circles" and their new single "Hillside" featuring Savannah RΓ©

Swedish Popstar singer/songwriter Sophie Zelmani's achingly gorgeous EP of 3 new songs with appropriately yummy Atmos mixes 🫢😻

(p.s. don't fret, it's all in English, despite the title of the Single! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‰ )

here's a bunch more beauties been filling up me lugholes with delicious Atmos goodness πŸ’˜πŸ€£πŸ™Œ

2 x 2024 singles from UK Singer/Songwriter Tim Gallagher

2 x new singles from Californian singer/songwriter Olivia O'Brien "All The Time" & "lower" πŸ’žπŸ˜‹

and 5 tracks from London DJ & Producer Juls' upcoming album "Peace and Love" βœŒοΈπŸ’“

new track from the forthcoming solo album by Years&Years singer Olly Alexander with fab Atmos mix πŸŒˆπŸ˜πŸ™ (his other new song "Dizzy" from the same upcoming LP that i posted up at QQ recently also has a great mix worth checking out πŸ‘)

new single by African Singer/Songwriter/Producer KiDi

new Afrobeats single by Nigerian Artist Lojay

June 2024 R&B/Soul single by L.A.-based Saudi Arabian singer Tamtam

..and to finish off for today (don't worry i'll
be back here at the weekend with another load of Atmos goodies! πŸ˜…πŸ€©πŸ₯³ ) the next 2 posts will feature a selection of Dance/House Music tracks by Rodriguez Jr., who i'm sure will be familiar to many of you here for their brilliant Atmos Pure Audio Blu-ray release of their 2023 album "Feathers & Bones" which has an excellent active mix.

anyway, to start with here's some new Rodriguez Jr. singles from 2024 and 2 x tracks from 2020 which all also make great use of Atmos 😻❣️🫢

here's a nifty Afro-House Rodriguez Jr. collaboration with Darque & Thandi Draai ✌️❀️

..and a Rodriguez Jr. single with Berlin Singer-Songwriter Bandleader Jan Blomqvist, who also has an Electronica EP of their own in Atmos which includes the collab track with Rodriguez Jr. if you wish to compact/consolidate your Library πŸ˜…πŸ’“πŸ™Œ

just a quick sneak peek of some of the tracks i've been playing today, which i hope to share with you fine folks on the weekend β€πŸ€—

get ready gang, there's a ton! πŸ˜…πŸ₯³πŸ€£πŸ€―

IMG_1533.jpeg

IMG_1534.jpeg

IMG_1535.jpeg

Back