Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4555F174-2D39-474D-ADF2-48278DBB3578.jpeg

Oliver Nelson - Screamin’ the Blues

Great album, tons of energy

Bob James JAZZ HANDS [Evosound/Hybrid Stereo SACD] Absolutely stunning sonics in what many consider the Missouri born musician's most eclectic outing...and at 84 years young, pianist Bob James is still a tour de force to reckon with!

Primary

01Bob JamesMambalicious3:43
02Bob James (8)The Otherside5:28
03Bob James, Cee-LoJazz Hands (feat. CeeLo Green)3:18
04Dave Koz*–Come Into My Dream (feat. Dave Koz)5:15
05Bob JamesBeerbohm4:37
06Bob JamesThe Alchemist4:39
07Bob JamesMophead4:39
08Bob James, DJ Jazzy JeffThat Bop (feat. DJ Jazzy Jeff)4:45
09Bob JamesThe Secret Drawer4:01
10Bob JamesSea Goddess9:59

Last edited:
Bob James JAZZ HANDS [Evosound/Hybrid Stereo SACD] Absolutely stunning sonics in what many consider the Missouri born musician's most eclectic outing...and at 84 years young, pianist Bob James is still a tour de force to reckon with!

Primary

01Bob JamesMambalicious3:43
02Bob James (8)The Otherside5:28
03Bob James, Cee-LoJazz Hands (feat. CeeLo Green)3:18
04Dave Koz*–Come Into My Dream (feat. Dave Koz)5:15
05Bob JamesBeerbohm4:37
06Bob JamesThe Alchemist4:39
07Bob JamesMophead4:39
08Bob James, DJ Jazzy JeffThat Bop (feat. DJ Jazzy Jeff)4:45
09Bob JamesThe Secret Drawer4:01
10Bob JamesSea Goddess9:59

excited about this album Ralphie. I went the MQA CD route. should see my copy in about a week according to Bezos

BC30F505-3FAF-48CE-8264-13F418501319.jpeg

Clandestine Amigo -
Temporary Circumstances

This SACD is from PS Audio’s Octave label.
The music is well crafted and those involved have undoubtedly put their heart & soul into it, but nothing here moved me at all.
The recording is nice enough but doesn’t scream “audiophile” to the degree I expected.

CROSBY STILLS NASH [MoFi Stereo SACD] REALLY hope that RHINO considers this and other CSNY albums as possible NEW albums to remix into QUAD for future release as QUADIO BD~As in 192/24 resolution.

R.12fd55a33fddd2a3c8009320d67c3e92
Not gonna happen. Maybe Atmos for streaming or to include in a box set, but the only new quad mixes we'll get these days are from Michael Dutton, @kamranv, and @edisonbaggins.

Not gonna happen. Maybe Atmos for streaming or to include in a box set, but the only new quad mixes we'll get these days are from Michael Dutton, @kamranv, and @edisonbaggins.
JJ, if you watched the Rhino QUADIO LAUNCH video recently shot in LA, the three Rhino reps including Foraging Rhino [Steve] did mention RHINO/WEA are currently working on QUAD [yes QUAD] remixes for catalogue titles [new and old?] and one has already been done and all the reps agreed it sounds GREAT.

I'm sure CSN/CSNY will eventually show up with new ATMOS remixes on streaming platforms but perhaps they may show up on physical BD~A QUADIO discs sooner ... than later!

BTW, Crosby Stills Nash and Deja Vu were previously announced in the early 00's for an MLP DVD~A release but never materialized! Sad but true!

Last edited:
JJ, if you watched the Rhino QUADIO LAUNCH video recently shot in LA, the three Rhino reps including Foraging Rhino [Steve] did mention RHINO/WEA are currently working on QUAD [yes QUAD] remixes for catalogue titles [new and old?] and one has already been done and all the reps agreed it sounds GREAT.

I'm sure CSN/CSNY will eventually show up with new ATMOS remixes on streaming platforms but perhaps they may show up on physical BD~A QUADIO discs sooner ... than later!

BTW, Crosby Stills Nash and Deja Vu were previously announced in the early 00's for an MLP DVD~A release but never materialized! Sad but true!
Deja Vu release

It was also slated for MQA CD release. That never happened. Truly deja vu happening here

0F3B1226-3CFD-4BCF-9473-95AE67D37C80.jpeg

Miles Davis - Bags’ Groove

Had no idea this 1957 album is actually a comp of material from a couple of 1954 sessions originally released on 10” LPs.
I’ve read differing reviews on the sound but other than some issues with Take 2 of the title track I think it’s good on this AP SACD. Sure can’t argue with the music.

Back