Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EB3F3280-9EAA-40EA-9836-53C6C57DB478.jpeg

Willie Dixon - Willie’s Blues

Seems to me that AP can do no wrong with their jazz & blues SACDs, including this one.

53B7E4C9-67B2-42DE-B735-4B4EF9533752.jpeg

Eagles - Hotel California

Hadn’t heard this in a long time, a good thing considering how overplayed it’s been over the years. It allowed me to enjoy it more now.
Sounds very good. One of these days I’ll pull out the DCC Gold and compare.

listening at work. too many damn distractions. cant wait to get home and blast it. from what Ive heard ? excellent

View attachment 97659
a relisten --at home. MOFI REALLY cleaned this one up and balanced out the dynamics. The piano and handclaps and various other sounds that were buried too low in the mix are now brought out on equal footing. Excellent job MOFI. Gets a 9 on a 10 from me.

a relisten --at home. MOFI REALLY cleaned this one up and balanced out the dynamics. The piano and handclaps and various other sounds that were buried too low in the mix are now brought out on equal footing. Excellent job MOFI. Gets a 9 on a 10 from me.
Wow, really??!! I'm going to buy this, was dragging my feet.

View attachment 97833
Eagles - The Long Run

Always one of my favourite Eagles albums.
Great to revisit the album tracks I haven’t heard in years including the chilling King of Hollywood.
The sound underwhelmed me at first but started to sound better as time went on (the dull beginning was probably in my head).
My favorite Eagles album with two of my favorite Eagles songs... I Can’t Tell You Why and Sad Cafe.

It felt like an eternity waiting for MoFi to get to this one when this series started. (I’ll go through it again with Van Halen’s 1984 once they decide to get that series rolling.)

My favorite Eagles album with two of my favorite Eagles songs... I Can’t Tell You Why and Sad Cafe.

It felt like an eternity waiting for MoFi to get to this one when this series started. (I’ll go through it again with Van Halen’s 1984 once they decide to get that series rolling.)
Interesting in that those are my least favourite songs on the album.
(Which means they’re an 8/10 instead of a 9/10 or 10/10 :)).
More guitar on this album, one of the reasons it stands out IMO.

Last edited:
Interesting in that those are my least favourite songs on the album.
(Which means they’re an 8/10 instead of a 9/10 or 10/10 :)).
More guitar on this album, one of the reasons it stands out IMO.
It’s always interesting to read what folks like and dislike here and how a favorite album can be a favorite for totally different reasons. I’m simply happy to see someone else likes the album. This one, to me, seems to get a lot less love than the others.

Back