Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barney Kessel/Hampton Hawes FOUR [Contemporary Records/Craft Recordings Stereo SACD remaster]

51fjyVr0qsL.jpg
Three blokes showing you how to kill a snake with a golf club, and one who is showing you how to push it out of the way

Bought another Brothers In Arms, not sure why, found it at a good price. I think this will be the final until an ATMOS version comes out.
I have 5.1 SACD, SHM SACD, digital download, CD and now this, does sound great, but I have never heard a bad version, the ultimate recording.
Dire Straits-Brothers In Arms, MOFI Hybrid SACD #17302.
I thought as this being good news, obviously if a popular title SACD's are still popular.
DSD64-DSF file. DR's are 12, 13, 14's, 16's, 17, 19.
61-odQ6C8WL._SL1200_.jpg

Bought another Brothers In Arms, not sure why, found it at a good price. I think this will be the final until an ATMOS version comes out.
I have 5.1 SACD, SHM SACD, digital download, CD and now this, does sound great, but I have never heard a bad version, the ultimate recording.
I thought as this being good news, obviously if a popular title SACD's are still popular.
View attachment 96138
This is my favorite stereo mastering of the album. Really excellent.

View attachment 96138
Markie since you are a staunch advocate of MLP DVD~A 5.1, surprised you don't own the dualdisc version

https://www.discogs.com/release/626182-Dire-Straits-Brothers-In-Arms-20th-Anniversary-Edition
Secondary, 2 of 5

Misha Mengelberg Quartet FOUR IN ONE {Songlines/DSD Recorded LIVE to 2 channel/ Stereo SACD] Highly Recommended

"One of the Village Voices Best Jazz CDs of 2002! Witty originals and Monk tunes called "terrific" and "irresistible" by Sound and Music; "inventive and inspired" by SoundStage."
71ty5l+5jZL._SL1087_.jpg

"

Brand new.
Whitney Houston-Whitney-MOFI Hybrid SACD #463.
DSD64-DSF file. DR's are 10, 11's, 12's, 14.
Now, I am not a Whitney Houston fan, I am a MOFI fan.
This album according to the liner notes, recorded in many studios, mixed in many studios, and basically an all synth sound, drums, keys, etc.
Very good sound as an SACD.

Sorry, so new I can't find a jpg. of the MOFI cover.

Back