Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to always be chasing this album, trying to find the best.
Nothing in surround, but I have 4 stereo versions now.
This recent stereo SACD from Analogue Productions, released 5/10/2024 is pretty good. Bass and midrange superior, highs a touch bright.
Disclaimer: I have Tinnitus, so always sensitive to brightness in any form of audio.
Ripped DSF file, DSD64. DR's are 10, 11, 12's, 13's, 14.
I compared to my stereo HDTracks release, and I like this SACD better.
I also have a MQA and a CD release that I did not compare.
R-30664396-1715578976-4718.jpg

I seem to always be chasing this album, trying to find the best.
Nothing in surround, but I have 4 stereo versions now.
This recent stereo SACD from Analogue Productions, released 5/10/2024 is pretty good. Bass and midrange superior, highs a touch bright.
Disclaimer: I have Tinnitus, so always sensitive to brightness in any form of audio.
Ripped DSF file, DSD64. DR's are 10, 11, 12's, 13's, 14.
I compared to my stereo HDTracks release, and I like this SACD better.
I also have a MQA and a CD release that I did not compare.
View attachment 108830
the Multis for OoalHeart are a LOT of fun! I have done a 7.1.4 mix and it sounds really good!

IMG_1324.jpeg

Van Halen - II

Never owned this album before, figured I knew little or nothing from it.
Wrong…recognize 4 of the 10 tracks. The rest are great too.
Sounds really fresh and dynamic to me, very nice. Shocked that this came out the year I graduated from high school, doesn’t sound dated at all (unlike myself).
Mastered low though, really have to crank it, which is a good thing.

Last edited:
View attachment 108988
Dick Schory’s New Percussion Ensemble -
Music For Bang, Baa-Room and Harp

Curiosity made me buy this SACD.
The sound is remarkably spacious for a 1958 recording. The music is good if a bit gimmicky at times. Can’t see me playing it often but glad to have it.
Dick Sshory was interested in exploring a lot of ‘where can I go with this” sort of music. He was very experimental, even inventing his own scale.

Not to everyone’s taste, but very cool to me.

The Human League DON'T YOU WANT ME: THE COLLECTION [UMG HONG KONG/STEREO SACD] A Sonic MASTERPIECE! 19 choice tracks and everyone's a winner. Played on my new system via DSP surround, sounds swirled all over the room. A natural for the SDE ATMOS BD~A treatment. VERY highly recommended

61loRAS+piL._SL1280_.jpg

Back