Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised Anonymous 4 has "groupies" on this list. Lol.. Will give them a few more listens and report back..

I am surprised Anonymous 4 has "groupies" on this list. Lol.. Will give them a few more listens and report back..
I didn't realize I was one of their groupies. LOL! I'll have to buy one of their T-shirts and start wearing it around. :spot

But seriously, if you're not into classical music, in particular "Early Classical" music of the Middle Ages, Renaissance, etc... Anonymous 4 probably won't be your cup of tea. If you are, their angelic voices with fill your room with a little bit of heaven.

image.jpg

The Best of The Guess Who just arrived today. Havent heard any of these songs in a looong time. Nice sounding disc AF cranked out and I am a teen of the 70's so I'm reacquainting myself with Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman!

The Best of The Guess Who just arrived today. Havent heard any of these songs in a looong time. Nice sounding disc AF cranked out and I am a teen of the 70's so I'm reacquainting myself with Burton Cummings and Randy Bachman!

hehehe - yeah. Speaking of Bachman...would be nice to get a hi-rez release of BTO!

You guys are killing me...so I had to unwrap my copy of Bread.....wife is gone, got it cranked.

Awesome, to say the least....
Good lord, I need to get to the post office and return a friend's copy...so he can listen to it again...dang....

First serious listen since receiving the stand alone Blu. Hard to imagine it being surpassed this year (though we're on a surround sound roll:banana:) so my nominee for the 2015 QQuadie is.... Mr. Steven Wilson for Hand.Cannot.Erase!

When you get to UNDUN...just close your eyes and you will be transported back in time...
What a cool tune. I was thinking that it's a sad state of affairs that none of the fine and varied tunes in either this or the Bread compilation could be a hit in today's pop scene.

What a cool tune. I was thinking that it's a sad state of affairs that none of the fine and varied tunes in either this or the Bread compilation could be a hit in today's pop scene.

But conversely just watch a Paul McCartney concert...teens...baby boomers..all segments of the population love the songs...they know the words...you go to a Rush concert and see fathers and sons loving the same songs...same with the Door's music and other super groups...but yea...they couldn't take those songs and release them as hit songs...but the love of the music is still there...one concert that illustrates this is PAUL MCCARTNEY THE SPACE WITHIN US...in 2005 a 62 year old man was singing his songs and young children...teens...adults... and grandfathers were watching intently...some crying...some laughing...but most definitely moved by the songs....I doubt whether some of these contemporary "hit" songs will have a shelf life equal to the Beatles and the other super groups..

During the last hour of so I put on the Big Chill Blu Ray for some background music while I've been on the computer...what a great movie..and the combination of scenes and music works so well...hearing Joy To World brings back memories...music=memories...

THEO - The Game Of Ouroboros 5.1 flac download, this one gets better after a couple of spins, nice music good surroundmix.

Snap!!! I'm really liking this!!!

Plus Bread, Guess Who and Winelight....on AF SACD

Don't know the music of Bread (sorry about that) so I have to listen to them first but Guess Who is on it's way (I hope) and I'm going to order Winelight this monday, I can't wait :banana:.

You'll probably know at least a couple (or more) Bread tracks....

Back