Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys, I just got the new the guess who the sacd in today's mail, just as I remembered back in the 70's with CD-4.

I am not going to give away all of the details, one song hand me down world, the drum starts from the right front, goes to the rear right then ends up the rear left,

to me excellent job done by steve hoffman, it seems like a narrower mix, it is 4.0 original decrete mix.and the screen on front of the reciever says DSD, again mixed well.

huggy

image.jpg

image.jpg

This one got beat up on the poll here. Yes, the rear channels are used a little sparingly. But I agree with steelydave. It's a good listen. The center channel blends in well, which opens up the soundstage nicely. Music is wonderfully reminiscent of America.

Nosound - Lightdark - DVD-A -=with the upcoming Tiede Live disc I thought I'd give this a spin again....
Anthony Phillips - The Geese & The Ghost - DVD-A - Excellent!
Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase. - Blu-ray

Marvin Gaye-The Marvin Gaye Collection SACD....a good disc that can still be purchased for a reasonable price..I grabbed a used copy(in very good condition that looks brand new)for $1 and shipping($3.99) in June of 2013...it's still around HERE

image.jpg

After more than 2 hours of wandering through a blissful dream, a little reality is in order.

Flaming Lips Yoshimi... Holy smokes...just picked it up.. Now that is what I call surround. And great music.

Back