Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WILLY PORTER [Six Degree Records/Multi~CH SACD] Simply Amazing!

R.5c84e4c0df1a9365e19f7f47206b89b4
Very nice disc. Saw him perform most of these songs in a small club. He also did a show for the kids at a local school. Cool guy.

"says STEREO but it's QUAD" - please elaborate.

There is a whole thread ( I think ) about it here on QQ. I can't really talk intelligently about it, but I do know I own the SACD, and the rip plays in 4.0. True Quad, nah. Maybe enhanced stereo 4 channel. Or something close to that. Either way, it's fun to own and you sort of feel like you have something obviously not openly advertised on the disc itself.

There is a whole thread ( I think ) about it here on QQ. I can't really talk intelligently about it, but I do know I own the SACD, and the rip plays in 4.0. True Quad, nah. Maybe enhanced stereo 4 channel. Or something close to that. Either way, it's fun to own and you sort of feel like you have something obviously not openly advertised on the disc itself.
Thanks GOS. Found THAT thread and re-read it (must have forgotten that I had read it before). Confusing but enlightening.

Beach Boys SURF'S UP [Universal Music/Analogue Productions] The back of the disc says STEREO but it's QUAD. Mastered by Kevin Gray @ Cohearant Audio

The Beach Boys - Surf's Up's Up
Here is the proper QQ thread regarding Analogue Productions 'questionable' QUAD releases of both SURF'S UP and SUNFLOWER.

As I only paid $15 each [1/2 price] during one of Acoustic Sound's November Black Friday sales, when played in STEREO they sound fantastic!

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...are-stereo-multichannel-with-4-0-mixes.22348/

Back