Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS ..... BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS from Acoustic Sounds BS&T box set BLOODLINES [Multi~CH SACD 4.0]

Blood, Sweat & Tears - Bloodlines
Are there any mastering differences for the first two albums in this set vs. their Audio Fidelity counterparts?
Ensemble Oni Wytars/Ensemble Unicorn ON THE WAY TO BETHLEHEM Music of the Medieval Pilgrim [NAXOS Hong Kong/Multi~CH SACD 5.1] Digging deeper into the RAM archives I unearthed this discrete multichannel treasure which until tonight remained unplayed! And what a unique beauty it is! Two deeply talented ensembles performing otherworldly world music on exotic instruments which surrounds the listener with strange beautiful music. Very Highest Recommendation. Still available on RBCD but this 2006 SACD pressed in Germany may be a bit hard to find

52.jpg
Not on Discogs. Please add it, if you have the time!

Sly & The Family Stone GREATEST HITS [Epic Records/Audio Fidelity QUAD SACD]

WOW, what a difference a NEW system makes. Played this AF QUAD SACD a month ago on my secondary system [which ain't too shabby] and it sounded good ....NOT great! Fast forward to early AM when I played it at near 80db on my new system. Larry Keyes hyperkinetic remix sounded nothing short of extraordinary and although a bit bass shy, it increased exponentially as the disc progressed. IMO, the last cut THANK YOU unequivocally showed the necessity for front/rear matching speakers as voices of equal amplitude surrounded the room with amazing fidelity.

https://www.discogs.com/release/7636005-Sly-The-Family-Stone-Greatest-Hits

Primary

Are there any mastering differences for the first two albums in this set vs. their Audio Fidelity counterparts?
I'm very anxious to hear the answer @4-earredwonder.
Now at discount 97.50.

Two surrounds and two stereos.

Includes Blood, Sweat & Tears' first four studio albums!

Mastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound from the original analog master tapes

4 Hybrid Stereo SACD box set plus booklet

BST self-titled disc is multichannel (4.0 Quadraphonic)

Child Is Father To The Man is multichannel (5.1 Surround mix by Al Kooper)

I have been at home all day today with a head cold, bouncing between sleeping and jazz. I realized my head feels like a Bitches Brew, so here I am.
Originally released 1970.
Miles Davis-Bitches Brew- 2 Disc Japanese SACD 4.0. Released 2018.
Pure Direct mode- DSD/DSF File, Bitstreaming DSD.
DR's are 11's, 12's.
R-12328467-1533783939-5289.jpg

The Police
1. Certifiable
2. Every Breath You Take - The Singles
Sting
1. Brand New Day
2. Nothing Like The Sun
3. Ten Summoner's Tales

What format is Ten Summoner's Tales on and how is it? Probably my favorite of his solo efforts.

What format is Ten Summoner's Tales on and how is it? Probably my favorite of his solo efforts.
Hello DrKlahn. Sting's Ten Summoner's Tales has a multichannel release on CD from DTS entertainment. The QQ Surround Polls for CD-DTS have the majority of listeners rating the disc 8-9. A few QQ members did not like David Tickle's mix. On the other hand, I enjoy this disc very much. I also noticed that a digital only 30th anniversary expanded edition was released March 1st, 1993 with 15 bonus tracks. This one was mixed by 4-time Grammy Award winning Robert “Hitmixer” Orton, and is also available for streaming in Dolby Atmos. (Which I haven't heard--and hope it's eventually released on Blu-Ray).;)

https://www.discogs.com/release/4072482-Sting-Ten-Summoners-Tales

Last edited:
Back