Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thing I have these Quadios to listen to while waiting. Bet I can listen to all nine before the new discs arrive.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
OMG, what a revelation on my 'regenerated' system. Every nuance of Mingus' bass lines are tactically reproduced....front to rear separation...astounding. And yet it all sounds magically cohesive! Whoever said jazz wasn't conducive to the surround treatment must hear what the Atlantic engineers and Rhino's expert 192/24 BD~A 4.0 reproduction have achieved with MINGUS MOVES! Eureka!

91UDaM6KQkL._SL1500_.jpg

Joey Curtin ONCE UPON A TIME [HDS/DTS 4.0] Sometimes when the vagaries of life become a bit overwhelming...and they DO.....I spin this disc from pianist Joey Curtin, who, IMO, is vaguely reminiscent of Windham Hill Recording artist, George Winston. In addition to her own gorgeous compositions on piano and synthesizer, Ms Curtin also interprets tracks from Sting, Springsteen, Kansas' Dust In The Wind, 'Icarus' from Ralph Towner and in one outstanding track duets with the sound of a locomotive recorded by Brad Miller who along with his wife also produced this exceptional album.

Once Upon A Time is a live, discrete to 4 track digital recording utilizing an MS~4 'soundfield' microphone ..... the synthesizers were overdubbed later.

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/11036658?ev=rb

Primary
Secondary, 3 of 3

Awwww 4ears and it's got a teddy bear on the cover.....how soothing.

In the meantime I am listening to Mingus Moves Quadio.
And does he. I find myself reaching for this Quadio a lot
I wish Svengali would grow on me like this
Please Rhino bring on any quad jazz you can find.

Back