Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving on to Damnation, my favo(u)rite Opeth release–5.1 mix by Steven Wilson . . . go figure!
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 9.16.05 AM.png
9.21 on our poll
thread

Tears for Fears THE HURTING [SDE Exclusive BD~A ATMOS remix by Steve Wilson] As part of my 'rediscovery' of previous ATMOS releases via my new system, I popped this one in early AM and Yowza ...... does Mr. Wilson EVER disappoint. Big NAY! Hit after HIT totally enveloped me and since I don't officially have ATMOS my 7.1 system with four phase aligned subs spread magnificent discrete sonics all over the room.* A revelation!

Tears For Fears / The Hurting SDE-exclusive blu-ray audio

* And it doesn't hurt that these magnificent Meridian DSP3200 self amplified digital speakers are located 6 feet above my head angled toward the sweet spot and carry their own discrete signals

R.f22e8812922b52ef58f56fe07922ee91

Last edited:
The WHO WHO'S NEXT/LIFE HOUSE BOX SET [10 RBCDs/BD~A WHO'S NEXT in ATMOS with 14 bonus tracks in ATMOS remixed by Steve Wilson] First listen on the new system in ATMOS [downmixed to 7.1 by the OPPO 205] Fantastic remix and was blown away by the additional 65 minutes of bonus tracks expertly remixed by Wilson in ATMOS with accompanying slide show. I recall when UMG first started manufacturing Stereo SHM~SACDs the Who's Next was $60!!!!!!! so with all the frills attached to this mammoth Life House Box Set and all the work Steve had to do to create the ATMOS/5.1 remixes the cost of this set isn't all that outrageous...most especially if you were able to procure it at a significant discount!

The Who's 'Lifehouse' Gets Graphic Novel

RELIEVED ...that their album was finally released in Dolby ATMOS!

Last edited:
War THE WORLD IS A GHETTO [RHINO/BD~A 4.0 QUAD] When WAR broke out in 1972 ...... I was just a wistful kid fresh out of the Army and I rushed to my local record haunt to secure a copy. But never did I realize that some 50 years later, I would hear it again in startling🦇💩 CRAZY surround via RHINO'S UBER SPECTACULAR BD~A 192/24 remaster! Every nuance of that recording is ever apparent and even though it's 4 channel for some inexplicable reason sound is also emanating from my overhead side speakers .... but NO COMPLAINTS HERE! What's even more amazing is the holographic soundscape and pristine nature of these incredibly well preserved 15 ips Dolby encoded United Artist QUAD masters.

As to whether the World is still a Ghetto .....well, we all can't live in Zip Code 90210 [Beverly Hills, CA]! 🌴🌴🌴🌴

R.dd0f36bcf33d94aa7394f6b11d4556d8

SUEDE .....Number 11 in SDE's exclusive SURROUND series with excellent Steve Wilson Dolby ATMOS/5.1 remixes and contains 5 remastered videos. SUEDE also attained the #1 spot on UK's pop charts in 1993 and if you havent heard this album prior to this release, like myself, do yourself a favor and spin it. A NEW favorite!

600_pack_label_Suede.jpg

Last edited:
All this talk about Quad, I realized I have not listened to the Quad 4.0 mix from the recent Frank Zappa Box Set.
Over-Nite Sensation- Blu Ray Box Set released 11/24/2023.
BD rip FLAC-24bit/96Khz. DR's are 11, 12's, 13's.
I of course prefer the Atmos but both the 5.1 and this 4.0 are very good.
View attachment 100990
FINALLY listened to the extremely ultra fantastic ATMOS mix on my new system and does surround get any better than this????? Only problem: at 34.32 playing time ..... I WANTED MORE. And what a trip Dinah~Moe HUMM is!

Penny Lane & The Lonely Hearts Club Band: I Am The Slime - Frank Zappa

The ONE and ONLY!

Last edited:
Back